Mountain View’s Associate Degree Nursing training program is two years long and also leads to the Associate Degree Nursing- Associate in Applied Sciences degree (AAS). Admittance is exclusively in the fall.
After completion of prerequisite courses as well as admission to the ADN training program, courses are fulfilled in 4 regular-length semesters, apart from summers. Pupils need to plan 2 to 3 hours of studying and also preparation time for each and every hour of class and also clinical experience. The needs of the nursing training program are such that pupils may not be in a position to work regularly while enlisted in these courses. Graduates will be qualified to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses, typically known as the NCLEX-RN.
About the school
Mountain View College is an open-access public community college that started in 1970 as the 2nd of 7 independently certified colleges of the Dallas County Community College District serving inhabitants of southwest Dallas County, Texas, USA. Its service area encompasses urban, suburban, and also industrial communities such as the southwest quadrant of the city of Dallas, and the towns of Cedar Hill, Duncanville, and also Grand Prairie.
Mountain View College is certified by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to grant the associate degree (AD).
Total estimated program cost is USD $13,123
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Application and current admission to a Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD) campus.
- Applicants must have earned either a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) in addition to complying with Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements before they will be eligible to apply to the program.
- Prior to application to the nursing program, potential applicants must have submitted all of their official transcripts to the Registrar/Admissions Office at one of the seven Dallas County Community College District campuses.
- Complete the four prerequisite courses with a minimum grade point average of 2.75 or higher on those specific courses. All courses must have a C or better grade.
MATH 1314 College Algebra
ENGL 1301 English Composition
PSYC 2301 General Psychology
BIOL 2401 or SCIT 1407 Anatomy & Physiology 1
- Completion of designated sections of the HESI A2 Test Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Math, Vocabulary/General Knowledge, and Anatomy/Physiology (combined “English” sections) with a minimum score of 75% on each of the required sections. All applicants must complete the Personality Profile and Learning Styles sections of the test.
- Completion of as many support courses with a C or better grade before application deadline. All science and nursing coursework must be completed within the past five years. Courses beyond the five year limit must be retaken prior to application to receive admission points for the course.
Anatomy & Physiology 2 BIOL 2402 or SCIT 1408 *
Microbiology BIOL 2420 *
Pharmacology RNSG 1301*
Pathophysiology RNSG 1311 *
- Submission of a complete application packet to the Nursing Department Office during the designated filing period.
Mountain View College Dallas County Community College
Address: 4849 W. Illinois Ave. Dallas, TX 75211
Submit your review