The Associate Degree in nursing training program is built to provide graduates with the knowledge and competencies required to go into the field of nursing, successfully passing the licensure examination, and to receive employment as a Registered Nurse (RN).
We have been providing time-tested high-quality nursing education ever since 1965. The training program is completely endorsed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing and has held continuous licensing by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. Applicants articulating into the nursing training program as a Licensed Practical Nurse must fulfill the admission requirements and complete all pre-enrollment specifications as stated for the Associate of Science Degree Nursing Training program.
About The School
Mount Aloysius College is a Catholic, non-public college in Cresson, Pennsylvania, United States Of America. It is a liberal arts college that grants associates, bachelors, and master’s degrees in the arts and also sciences fields.
Total estimated program cost is USD $16,576
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Applicants who have graduated from high school within the past five years must submit a SAT combined Critical Reading and Math score of 900 on the 2005 SAT or 980 on the 2016 SAT or an ACT composite score of 19
- Applicants who have graduated from high school greater than five years from date of application must obtain a satisfactory score on a pre-entrance examination. Currently a score of 66% or greater is required on the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V). The applicant has a maximum of two attempts on the exam to achieve a satisfactory score.
- Transfer applicants from other post-secondary programs, or current MAC students who wish to transfer to nursing must have a minimum grade point average of 2.0 overall as verified by an official transcript.
Pre-enrollment requirements are as follows:
- Students must complete the following requirements prior to enrolling in their first nursing course:
- Completed work equal to a standard high school course with a minimum of 16 units, including four units of English, three units of social studies, two units of mathematics (one of which is Algebra) and two units of science with a related laboratory. The two units of science and algebra must be completed with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Completion of BL201 Anatomy and Physiology I with a minimum grade of “C”. This must have been completed within the past seven (7) years.
- Completion of EE091 College Reading I and / or EE 098 Introduction to College Writing I, if required by SAT or College Placement Exam scores.
Mount Aloysius College
Address: 7373 Admiral Peary Hwy, Cresson, PA 16630, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply