The Associate Degree Nursing Program (ADN) at Morehead State is built to help you earn your nursing degree within two years. Through a mix of science and nursing courses, the Associate Degree Nursing Training program prepares you for a fulfilling career as a registered nurse (RN). Upon graduation, you will be prepared to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). You Will have career opportunities in hospitals, doctor’s offices, home health-care organizations, aided living facilities even more.
At Morehead State University, you are going to learn by doing through clinical practicums as well as in our state-of-the-art simulation laboratory. High-tech, engaging mannequins simulate a selection of human ailments and symptoms and respond to a variety of courses of treatment, giving you an original learning opportunity.
The Associate Degree Nursing Program at Morehead State is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and the Kentucky Board of Nursing. The Associate Degree Nursing Training program Paramedic-to-RN training program has a selective admissions process, and a handful of slots are available.
About the school
Morehead State University (MSU) is a public, coeducational university situated in Morehead, Kentucky, United States Of America, in the foothills of the Daniel Boone National Forest in Rowan Region, midway between Lexington, Kentucky, United States, and also Huntington, West Virginia, United States.
The institution started as Morehead Normal School, which commissioned its doors in 1887. A student showed up on the very first day of class in October 1887, in a small, hired cottage where the Adron Doran University Centre now stands
Total estimated program cost $13,700
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- American College Test (Enhanced ACT) Score with a mandatory minimum composite score of 20 or higher.
- Grade Point Requirements:
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a scale of 4.0 with a minimum grade of “C” in prerequisite courses required for the ADNP:
- BIOL 234 Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- Math Core MATH 135, Mathematics for Technical Students, recommended (or 131, 152, 174, 175 or equivalent)
- NURA 112: Pre Nursing
- Priority will be given to students meeting admission guidelines with HESI Admission. Assessment composite scores of 75 or greater when other criterion is equal.
- Applicants with a grade less than “C” on two courses required for the ADNP within the last two years from the term of application due date (last Friday in March or last Friday in October) are not eligible for admission.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on all work at Morehead State University.
- Applicants may be conditionally admitted to the program pending successful completion of prerequisite courses required for admission to the program.
- Final acceptance will be dependent on maintaining course grades and grade point average as well as meeting CPR and Health requirements by established dates. Compliance with the Technical Performance Standards is also required.
- Paramedic to ADN Track applicants must (1) successfully complete the National Standard Curriculum paramedic course, (2) hold an active and unrestricted national or state certification to practice as a Paramedic, and (3) have the equivalent of one year’s experience as a Paramedic.
- Paramedic to ADN Track applicants must successfully complete (with a minimum grade of “C”) all other prerequisite courses prior to completion of the NURA 113, Paramedic to ADN Track Transitional Concepts Course.
- Paramedic to ADN Track applicants must seek admission into the ADNP within one year after completion of the NURA 113, Paramedic to ADN Transitional Concepts Course, with a grade of “C” or
- Clinical education is a mandatory component of the ADNP . Due to accreditation requirements of the clinical education centers, students will be required to obtain a criminal background check and undergo drug testing prior to acceptance to the clinical assignment. The student is responsible for any incurred cost. Any student who fails acceptance to the clinical assignment will be unable to complete the program.
Morehead State University
Address: 150 University Blvd, Morehead, KY 40351
Submit your review