Montgomery College offers a two-year Associate Degree in Nursing Program that allows you to become a registered nurse. You can complete this program or transition to a four-year program. If you opt for the second one you should take elective and extra courses.
The admissions for the Nursing program take place in both the fall and spring semesters. The busy ones/students can also go for Distance Learning or evening sections offered by the department.
About the school
Montgomery College (MC) is a public community college situated in Montgomery County, Maryland, outside Washington, D.C. The college has the main campus in Rockville in addition to two others which are in Germantown and Takoma Park/Silver Spring. Its off-campus sites include the Westfield South in Wheaton and the Business Training Center in Gaithersburg which are run by the college’s Continuing Education Division and Workforce Development.
This college was established in 1946 as “Montgomery Junior College,” with its initial campus situated at the Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School. The college later moved to Takoma Park in 1950 absorbing the Bliss Electrical School, a private, for-profit institution that had occupied the site since 1908.
Total tuition and fees for Montgomery County are $13,608, other parts of Maryland $22,752 while out-of-state residents are expected to pay $30,945.
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Montgomery College health sciences programs requiring this application are available ONLY at the Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus. (NOTE: There are two applications: one for admission to the College and a second application for the health sciences programs.)
- Must have the minimum requirement and a minimum GPA of 2.5 for consideration. This GPA is based on your most recent 24 college credits earned. If you are a recent high school graduate with fewer than 24 college level credits, high school records will be included in this calculation. Official transcripts are required.
- For Programs Requiring the TEAS Test – GPA will be used for eligibility purposes only. You must complete the TEAS test and attach scores to this application. You must meet the minimum Adjusted Individual Scores or above in the subjects listed for your program of choice. Students may only take the test twice during a 12- month period. The most recent score will be used. The Adjusted Individual Total Score will be used to rank eligible students.
- Health Sciences Admissions will be based on courses completed and grades earned through the prior fall semester only. Spring admission (nursing only) will be based on courses completed the prior spring semester only. (Example: If applying for fall 2017 (March 1 deadline) courses completed by fall 2016 will be used; if applying for spring 2018 (August 1 deadline), courses completed by the end of spring 2017 will be used).
- Eligible students who are selected for admissions into each Health Science program will be notified by certified mail. Complete program acceptance will be dependent upon satisfactory criminal background checks and drug test results for clinical rotation placements.
- It is highly recommended that applicants with transfer credits view their transcript evaluations before the application deadline to ensure that they have the courses that are needed for admissions into their program of choice. Transcript evaluations can be viewed by login into your MyMc account.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all the required documents are submitted to the Office of Enrollment Services before the application deadline.
- Applicants who have completed all or some of the priority courses for their program of choice will be given first consideration. You may apply without completing any of the priority courses; however, this will make your application less competitive.
7600 Takoma Avenue
Takoma Park, MD 20912
Submit your review
Leave a Reply