This associate in applied science degree program trains students for employment opportunities as nurses. This program is intended to provide the necessary credits for admissibility for practical nursing licensure, registered nursing licensure, and transferability for a bachelor’s degree in nursing.
About the school
Montcalm Community College (MCC), established in 1965, is a two-year community college located in Sidney, Michigan.
In 2005 Montcalm Community College had an enrollment of 2,080 students. MCC is categorized as an Associate’s College by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
Tuition&fees are estimated $11,700
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Admission and requirements
Admission to the nursing program is based on seat availability and is limited based on regulatory agencies and program requirements. Admission to this program is highly competitive and requires a nursing program application to be completed and submitted to the Health Occupations Office. These applications can be obtained in the Student Services Office or on MyMontcalm. Students interested in applying to this program are to meet with a counselor or advisor to discuss additional requirements.
Students who intend to apply to this program must meet the standards required by the health care profession. This includes (but is not limited to) drug screens, criminal background checks, immunizations, and other required documentation. See the Admission section of this catalog for more details.
MCC’s Health Occupations programs require a clear criminal background check result. Students with a conviction history may not be eligible to participate in any Health Occupations program at MCC and should consult with an attorney to discuss their options.
Students must successfully complete the Pre-Nursing Certificate to be eligible for admission into Montcalm Community College’s Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program. Please contact the Admissions Office for more information.
Prerequisite courses may apply to this program. Criminal background checks and drug screenings are required.
2.0 grade or higher
One of the following courses:
3.0 grade or higher in last four years prior to program entry
One of the following:
Minimum of 30 unduplicated credits (100 level or higher) required.
1. Should be taken in the first semester of the Pre -Nursing Certificate or as soon as minimum COMPASS scores have been attained
2. 3.0 grade or higher in last four years prior to program entry/maximum of two attempts
3. 2.0 grade or higher
4. 3.0 grade or higher in last four years prior to program entry
5. 2.0 grade or higher in last four years prior to program entry/maximum of two attempts
6. 2.3 grade or higher in last 18 months prior to program entry/maximum of two attempts; core nursing course
7. 2.3 grade or higher/maximum of two attempts; competency test available
8. 2.3 grade or higher; competency test available
9. 2.3 grade or higher
10. Competency test available
Montcalm Community College
2800 College Drive, Sidney, MI 48885
Submit your review