Montana State University-Northern offers rigorous Nursing Programs that promotes collaborative clinical learning, critical thinking, and personal development in a career that is dynamic, varied, and also offers the chance to work in many different diverse capacities and places. Achieving the ASN degree grooms you to build the smooth pathway into the RN-BSN Completion Training program.
Montana State University-Northern gives registered nurses the chance to complete an advanced degree in nursing while working as a health-care professional. Associate of Science Degree in nursing courses are mainly Face-to-Face.
Montana State University-Northern Division of Nursing Associate of Science Degree in Nursing is completely endorsed by Montana State Board of Nursing (MT BON). Montana State University-Northern Division of Nursing Associate of Science Degree in Nursing (ASN) is certified by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
About The School
Montana State University–Northern (also referred to as MSU–Northern or even Northern) is a public state university, a part of the Montana State University System, situated in Havre, in Montana, United States.
Montana State University–Northern was referred to as Northern Montana College just before the rebuilding of Montana’s public university system. It is founded in the year 1929.
In the year 1994, the Montana University System selected to realign its smaller sized campuses with the two primary universities, University of Montana in Missoula and also Montana State University in Bozeman. Northern Montana College was renamed Montana State University–Northern on June 1, 1994.
Total estimated program cost is USD $12,750
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Be admitted to Montana State University-Northern (a separate application to the University is required; obtain form from the Admissions Office or apply online /future/apply.aspx)
- Submit official transcripts from any college and/or university that you have attended or are currently attending; transcripts will be evaluated to determine credit allotment and articulation per university policy. No required course, including basic skills, will be waived simply on the basis that the applicant has a prior college degree
- GPA Admission requirements: a cumulative GPA of 2.50 and an extracted GPA of pre-requisites 2.85 are required to be admitted in to the ASN Nursing Program
- Have at least a 2.85 extracted GPA with the following required pre-nursing courses: College Algebra, Anatomy & Physiology I, College Writing I, and General Chemistry w/ lab. A grade of C or higher is required. A grade of C- in any course is not acceptable; the course must be retaken. These courses may be taken at MSU-Northern or at other accredited institutions. An advisor from the Department of Nursing will evaluate the transcripts from other institutions and will recommend the credit, if any, to be transferred.\
- Kaplan Nursing Entrance Exam with a minimum score of 65%.
- Copy of government issued photo identification document (driver’s license, passport, etc.).
- Applications are accepted from May 1st through June 15th
- Accepted applicants will be notified by July 1st for fall semester
Montana State University–Northern
Address: 300 13th St W, Havre, MT 59501
Submit your review