Modesto Junior College (recognized more informally as MJC) is a public, two-year community college situated in Modesto, California, United States. Modesto Junior College is part of Yosemite Community College District together with Columbia College. Modesto Junior College and Columbia College belongs to the California Community College system together with 109 other public community colleges. It was founded in 1921.
The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Training program at Modesto Junior College starts in the fall and spring semesters of every year. It is a four (4) semester training program. The Associate Degree Nursing Program utilizes a Multi-criteria Screening Process for admission. The application is online and accepted one time a year during the yearly application period of May 1 through May 31. Detailed information is published under the Multi-criteria Screening Process Advising Record (MSPAR) and the Online Application Guidelines. If you would like further details about the training program and the selection method, please enroll in NURSE 115: Introduction for Nursing Majors. The training program prepares pupils to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN), leading to licensure as a Registered Nurse and is endorsed by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
The Modesto Junior College Associate Degree Nursing program is one training program that offers classes at two different locations; via satellite at Columbia College in the Redbud building and the Modesto Junior College West campus in Glacier Hall. Students in the Columbia satellite receive a live streaming video of theory classes, onsite competencies lab instruction and general clinical placement in Sonora whenever possible.
Total program cost is USD $12,200
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Admission to Modesto Junior College
- High School Graduation or equivalent (GED or College Degree). Although high school graduation is highly recommended, it is not required for acceptance into the ADN Program.
- All transcripts from other colleges must be submitted as part of your documentation packet unless your transcripts are already on file in the MJC Enrollment Services.
- Required Math Competency for Acceptance into the ADN Program:
- Eligibility for entrance into any 100-level MATH course through the MJC Math Assessment.
- Score of 3, 4, or 5 on AP Exam: Calculus AB or Calculus BC or Statistics or
- Completion of MATH 89 (intermediate algebra) or higher level MATH course, or an equivalent course from another institution with a grade of C or better. Course may be taken P/NP or C/NC.
- following seven prerequisites must be completed with a grade on transcript by the application deadline. All courses must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Anatomy 125
- Physiology 101
- Microbiology 101
- English 101
- Psychology 141
- Sociology 101 or 102 or 125 or 150 or 154 or 156 or Anthropology 102
- Communication Studies 100 or 102 or 106 or 110
Modesto Junior College
Address: 435 College Ave, Modesto, CA 95350
Submit your review
Leave a Reply