Mitchell Community College Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) training program emphasizes the position of a nurse as an associate of an interdisciplinary team concentrated on providing safe, personalized care. Upon graduation, you will be qualified to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN).
The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) training program usually has a lot more applicants than available space. Applicants must fulfill additional demands including specific science courses, certifications, evidence of physical and also mental healthiness, etc. Competitive enrollment programs may have diverse application due dates and also specifications.
The Associate Degree Nursing training program is certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
About The School
Mitchell Community College is a two (2) year community college located in Historic Downtown Statesville, North Carolina, United States. Its primary campus is situated in downtown Statesville, with lots of amenities situated throughout the town.
Total estimated program cost is USD $7,600
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Mitchell Community College Application: Applicants must complete the College application for admission and submit to Student
- High School or high school equivalency transcript: Graduation from a high school as specified under admission requirements for degree seeking students, complete high school transcript, or equivalent as established by a high school equivalency
- College Transcripts: Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges must be received by the College. To be considered official, transcripts must be in a sealed envelope. Grades less than C are not transferable into the Associate Degree Nursing
- Required GPA: Applicants must have a minimum 50 cumulative grade point average. All course work toward the A.A.S. Nursing degree must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Biology Course: Applicants must have completed with a grade of C or better, one year of high school biology and/or BIO 110 Principles of Biology, BIO 111, General Biology I, or BIO 168 Anatomy and Physiology I or equivalent, or demonstration of A biology course must be current within five years.
- Chemistry Course: Applicants must have completed with a grade of C or better, one year of high school chemistry and/or CHM 131 and 131A lab, Introduction to Chemistry or equivalent or demonstration of
- ATI TEAS Testing: Applicant must achieve a minimum adjusted individual test score of 63% on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS). For more information about the ATI TEAS Exam, see the official website at http://www.atitesting.com/default.aspx. ATI TEAS Review Books may be purchased through the Mitchell Community College
- Associate Degree Nursing Program Application: Applicant must complete Program Application with assigned nursing
- Nursing Assistant I: Applicant must be listed as a Nursing Assistant I on the Nurse Aide I Registry with no substantiated findings, from the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services Division of Health Service Regulation: Health Care Personnel Registry prior to the first day of NUR 111 or demonstrate competency as evidenced by licensed practical nurse (LPN).
- Physical and Emotional Health: Applicant will provide validation of satisfactory physical and emotional health and current immunizations after receipt of conditional acceptance and prior to final admission into the nursing program. Required immunizations include:
- 2 MMR vaccines (measles,mumps, rubella) 2 varicella vaccines or positive titer
- 2-step tuberculosis skin test
- Tdap within last ten years (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) Annual influenza immunization
- Hepatitis B immunization
- CPR Certification: Applicant must hold current CPR certification by the American Heart Association at the Healthcare Provider level by time of enrollment into the clinical nursing component and maintained throughout the NUR course
- Background Check and Drug Screen: Meet requirements as prescribed by clinical agencies. Students who have not lived in North Carolina for the last five years will need to provide fingerprints (available from the Iredell County Sherriff Department).
- Student must be 18 years of age prior to clinical component (clinical agency requirement).
- Student must carry personal health insurance (clinical agency requirement).
- Nursing students are required to have an electronic mobile device with access to the
Mitchell Community College
Address: 500 W Broad St, Statesville, NC 28677, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply