- The BSN-Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree training program at Missouri State University can be accomplished in eight regular semesters and also two summer semesters. It is a full degree, which does not demand a minor.
- Also, a four-year degree plan does not take into consideration dual credit or even transfer credit that an undergraduate may bring with him or her upon admittance to the Institution.
- Until a student is accepted into and also starts the training program, the individual is considered a pre-nursing major.
- The grades pupils receive the first time they take the following courses will be taken into consideration during the nursing program entrance process: chemistry, anatomy, and also Math 135 (college algebra) or higher.
About the school
- Missouri State University previously referred to as Southwest Missouri State University is a public institution situated in Springfield, Missouri, United States of America.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $24,105
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Admission to Missouri State University.
- Completion of application to the Generic BSN program to the School of Nursing, including a current resume.
- Submission of official transcripts of all college course work.
- Completion of a minimum of 43 credit hours.
- Completion of the General Education Foundations courses, except Writing II (including those listed in A. below) at the time of application to the program, and have no more than one General Education requirement (other than those listed in A below) remaining at the time the nursing program begins. Also, NUR 472(3) and statistics may be taken during the nursing program as a prerequisite or co-requisite with NUR 442(6), but must be taken prior to the spring semester of the senior year in the program.
- Completion of the prerequisites BMS 307(4) or KIN 250(3); BMS 308(4) or KIN 252(3) with a grade of “B-” or higher.
- Completion of the specific General Education requirements listed in A below with a grade of “C” or higher.
- MTH 135(3) or a higher numbered mathematics course listed in the General Education Quantitative Literacy requirement, chemistry, and anatomy will be given additional points in the selection process if completed by the January 31 application date.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 in all attempted college course work. Complete nursing prerequisites with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Meet technical standards of the program in order to successfully undertake the course of study. These standards are available upon request from the program.
- Submit evidence of current immunizations (MMR, Tetanus, Varicella, complete Hepatitis B series, and a PPD or evidence of appropriate medical follow-up for PPD positive individuals).
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification. AHA course information and requirements may be accessed at http://www.onlineAHA.org.
- All students must carry health insurance throughout the entire program. A comprehensive student group health and accident insurance policy is available through Missouri State University.
- Applicants who have previously attended a nursing school or another school of a health-related profession must have a letter submitted from the Dean or Head of that school that includes a statement regarding the student’s standing at the previous school. Applicants who have been previously dismissed from a program or were not in good standing at the time of dismissal will not be considered for admission.
- Applicants must demonstrate academic potential to successfully complete the program.
- Applicants must demonstrate acceptable levels of maturity, integrity, and behavior and attitudes normally expected of professional nurses.
- Admission is based on completion of all admission requirements; on cumulative GPA of all attempted college course work, with some additional preference given to current Missouri State University students and to individuals with previous healthcare experience, leadership experience, and/or community service. Additional consideration will be awarded for the grade received on the first attempt of chemistry, anatomy, and the university mathematics requirement.
Address: 901 S National Ave, Springfield, MO 65897
Submit your review