The Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) Training program in Missouri State University- West Plains is made up of 2 academic years and two summer sessions.
Pupils who successfully complete the training program met the criteria to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). Entry to the training program is by application and also committee selection.
The training program is made up of courses in liberal arts, science and also nursing. The nursing courses consist of lecture and laboratory periods with appropriate clinical practicums provided at health-care amenities situated in southern Missouri and northern Arkansas.
About The School
Missouri State University–West Plains is among the three outlet campuses of the Missouri State University System, situated in West Plains, Missouri, United States Of America.
The approved Fall 2015 enrollment was 1,993 pupils. Founded in 1963, Missouri State University–West Plains presently has an open enrollment policy to promote pupil accomplishment for all pupils.
Missouri State University-West Plains offers numerous types of activities for pupils, such as Student Government Association, study-abroad opportunities and also various student organizations. Pupils can work out or enjoy sporting activities in the West Plains Civic Centre gym or the Pupil Recreation Centre and can experience the arts in lots of the University/Community Programs featured at the Civic Centre.
Degree Programs includes: (Associate of Arts, Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Science, and Certificates).
Total program cost is USD $16,507
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Admission to Missouri State University-West Plains with a non-probationary status.
- A completed application to the Nursing Program.
- A final official high school transcript or GED certificate (required by the Missouri State Board of Nursing). A partial transcript will be accepted if the applicant is presently enrolled in high school. Upon graduation, a final transcript must be received by the nursing department, if admitted.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities and nursing programs. Transcripts from other nursing programs should be sent directly to the nursing department.
- An ACT score less than five years old.
- A score of 18 or better on the reading portion of ACT or a C grade or better in RDG 125.
- Achievement of a minimum Ranking Score of 55 (See Ranking Score Computation).
- Mathematics 103 (Intermediate Algebra) eligibility determined by:
- ACT score and previous math classes taken, or
- Completed college course work.
- Students accepted into the program must have MTH 130 eligibility established prior to beginning nursing courses.
- English 110 eligibility as determined by:
- ACT score and a writing sample; or
- completed college course work.
- Students accepted into the program must have ENG 110 completed prior to beginning nursing courses.
Missouri State University- West Plains
Address: 128 Garfield, West Plains, MO 65775
Submit your review
Leave a Reply