Earning an Associate of Science degree in Nursing (ASN) at Missoula College grooms pupils to be an outstanding nurse who will play an important role in patient care and recovery. Pupils acquire knowledge and also skills to promote health, prevent disease, assist patients deal with illness, and are an advocate for patients, families and also communities.
An ASN degree from Missoula College empowers pupils to become dependable and caring people who help out with meeting the health-care needs of the local community, area, state, country, and the world. The nursing training program offers small class sizes with a state-of-the-art skills lab.
Our 2-year Registered Nursing (RN) Training program admits 18 pupils every autumn and spring semester and comprises of 73 credits, consisting of 15 co-requisite credits, 14 prerequisite credits, and 44 credits in nursing core courses
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Missoula College – University of Montana is the two (2) year college of the University of Montana, situated in Missoula, Montana, USA. The college was established in 1956 and became a part of the University of Montana in 1994
Total estimated program cost is USD $13,550
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Application: A separate application to the Registered Nursing Program is required in addition to an application to Missoula College. The RN application period is open for a 6-week period from mid-February to April 1 for fall semester admission, and mid-September to November 1 for spring semester admission. Eighteen new students are accepted each semester. Meeting the admission requirements does not guarantee admission.
- GPA Requirements – two different GPAs are considered:
- GPA for Eligibility: In order for an application to be considered, the applicant must have an overall GPA for ALL college coursework of a minimum 2.75. Coursework from every college/university attended is included in this GPA calculation.
- Competitive GPA: The competitive GPA is based on the 5 prerequisite courses. The average competitve GPA of those admitted varies from semester-to-semester depending on the number of applicants. In the past the average competitve GPA of admitted applicants has ranged from 3.40 to 3.70.
- Anatomy and Physiology Grades: Students must receive a B or better in Anatomy and Physiology I lecture/lab (BIOH 201/202) to be eligible to apply. A maximum of 2 attempts within a 5-year period is allowed. (Note: A grade of B is also required for the co-requisite Anatomy and Physiology II, BIOH 211/212.)
- Repeated Courses: Prerequisite and co-requisite courses may be taken only twice during the stated timeframes (5 years for science courses, 10 years for all other courses). The grade from the most recent course attempt is the grade used.
- TEAS Test Score: The minimum Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) score to be eligible for consideration is 66%.
- CLEP Exams: College Level Examination Program or CLEP exams that have been taken in lieu of any of our prerequisite or co-requisite courses, if passed, are attributed a grade of “C” only.
- LPN Applicants: Any applicant who is a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with a current license should meet with the Nursing Program Director for advising about potential prerequisite courses and where the student would enter into the four-semester RN core curriculum if admitted.
Missoula College – University of Montana
Address: 909 South Ave W, Missoula, MT 59801
Submit your review