The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) option in Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College involves one semester of pre-requisites and four semesters of nursing coursework. The ADN training program is built to prepare pupils to become registered nurses. The training program is state certified by the Mississippi Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning and also nationally certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
Graduates will probably be qualified to apply and take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) issued through the National Council of State Boards of Nursing and will earn the title Registered Nurse (RN) credentialed upon successful completion of the examination.
About The School
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is a community college situated in Perkinston, Mississippi, United States Of America. It was established as Harrison County Agricultural High School in the year 1912.
Total program cost is USD $13,879
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- An ACT composite score of 18 and a 2.5 grade point average.
- To waive a composite ACT score of less than 18, the applicant must successfully complete 24 semester hours of degree-required courses with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. The 24 credit hours must include Anatomy and Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II and Microbiology with a grade of “C” or better in each. Science Courses (A&P I, II & Microbiology) must be less than 5 years old unless applicant is a LPN to RN Transitional student, a post professional BS degree conferred student, or has a conferred Health -related Associate of Applied Science Degree. (A post Baccalaureate-Degree student is defined as a student who currently holds a bachelor’s degree and is now pursuing the Associate of Applied Science Degree or a diploma in Nursing). Science Courses may be repeated only once within the five year period.
- Attend a mandatory Pre-Nursing Orientation Session – Click here to register Pre-Nursing Orientation Registration.
- Achieve a composite score of 60 or above on the ATI TEAS exam (The ATI TEAS update is scheduled August 30, 2016. The TEAS V test score will no longer be accepted following the spring 2017 enrollment class. Thereafter, only the new TEAS test will be recognized. (Check nursing website regarding TEAS Registration, Testing, and Remediation.
- Comply with Mississippi law requiring a Criminal Background History Check with Fingerprinting through the Mississippi Department of Health. All Nursing and Allied Health applicants are required to obtain a clear or acceptable Criminal Background Check from the MGCCC Campus Police at JD, JC, or Perkinston Campus.
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
Address: 51 Main St, Perkinston, MS 39573
Submit your review