The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Training program in Mississippi Delta Community College is built to provide educational opportunities to eligible pupils for a satisfying career that will help fulfill the expanding health-care needs of the community. The training program prepares the person to practice as a Registered Nurse, based on the State of Mississippi Law.
Graduates earn an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree and are qualified to take the National Council Licensing Examination (NCLEX) for licensure as registered nurses (RNs).
The Associate Degree Nursing Training program (ADN) was founded in 1964 and has a comprehensive pass rate of 99% on the licensure examination. ADN graduates are able to practice nursing in many different health-care settings. Graduates accept job mainly in the surrounding geographic region of the college and get competitive salaries.
About The School
Mississippi Delta Community College is a community college located in Moorhead, Mississippi, United States which is situated in Sunflower County.
It also provides courses at sites in Drew, Greenwood, Greenville, and Indianola, Mississippi. Its mascot is the Trojan warrior. The president of the College is Dr. Larry Nabors. It has an enrollment of 3,491 pupils.
Mississippi Delta is completely certified by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges/Schools. Mississippi Delta is an extensive community college that provides numerous types of academic, career, and technical courses in daytime, evening, and web-based classes.
The college also provides workforce training, ABE/GED classes, and continuing education programs for local citizens. The institution was developed in 1926 to serve the people of the Delta region of Mississippi.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,879
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Meet general admission requirements.
- Be a high school graduate or have a satisfactory GED score.
- Have a minimum ACT score of 18 (15 if taken before October 28, 1989 ) if entering college for the first time OR a minimum ACT score of 16 to 17 (12 to 14 ACT score if earned prior to October 28, 1989) and have completed at least 12 semester hours with a 2.5 GPA or better on courses that are approved by the college.
- Submit a signed, notarized Healthcare Criminal History Background Affidavit.
- Take an entrance test at the applicant’s own expense
- An official college transcript from all colleges attended.
- Signed, notarized Healthcare Criminal History Background Affidavit.
- Completion of Anatomy & Physiology I (BIO 2513/2511) and Anatomy & Physiology II (BIO 2523/2521) with a grade of “C” or above during the summer session or regular session prior to admission to the ADN program.
- Completion of A&P I & II and Microbiology within the last five years.
- Health assessment form completed by a physician or nurse practitioner indicating physical & mental fitness.
Mississippi Delta Community College
Address: 289 E Cherry St, Moorhead, MS 38761
Submit your review