- The College of Nursing offers a program of study leading to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Upon successful completion of the training program, you may apply to take the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX). Along with the university’s core curriculum of liberal arts and also sciences, the nursing degree includes 60 semester hours of nursing courses, in areas for instance: Research in nursing practice, Health Assessment, Clinical Practice, Pharmacology and Community health nursing. The traditional nursing training program at Mississippi College is 4-years in length and also leads to a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing.
- The curriculum comprises of 29 hours of college core courses, 37 hours of nursing prerequisites, and also 63 hours of nursing courses.
- The curriculum was created to produce nursing graduates who bring a different liberal arts education to nursing practice.
- Their alumni are current and also past members of the Mississippi Board of Nursing, Armed Forces officers serving around the world, mission workers in China, Guyana, Chile, Tanzania and also Yemen, and faculty members in nursing education programs across the nation.
- Learning possibilities are also offered globally. At present, nursing pupils can take advantage of a study abroad training program in Colombia, South America. Pupils have the chance also to take their skills on a medical missions trip each and every summer, where they work in a remote or even make-shift clinic, meet simple needs and also teach their customers about health. Locations have included Kyrgyzstan, Yemen, India, Chile, China, as well as the Blackfoot Nation in Wyoming.
About the school
- Mississippi College is a Christian institution situated in Clinton, Mississippi, just west of the capital city of Jackson, United States.
- Established in the year 1826, Mississippi College is the second Most ancient Baptist-affiliated college in the USA as well as the oldest college in Mississippi.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $22,530
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
The requirements for admission to the traditional track of Mississippi College School of Nursing are:
- Completion of all prerequisite courses with grade of C or higher (English 101 and 102, psychology, sociology, anatomy & physiology, microbiology, chemistry, statistics, algebra, and NUR 250 Transition to Nursing Practice;
- Successful completion of college core courses or a faculty-approved plan for completing these in a timely fashion;
- A cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher based on work completed at Mississippi College;
- Acceptable score on the admission exam **
- Credit hours at Mississippi College (a minimum of 12 hours is suggested).
- Chemistry (4-hour laboratory course) 4
- Anatomy and Physiology (2 4-hour laboratory courses) 8
- Microbiology (laboratory course) 4
- Sociology, Principles 3
- Psychology, Introduction 3
- Statistics 3
- College Algebra 3
- Transition to Healthcare Professions 3
- Developmental Psychology 3
Address: 200 S Capitol St, Clinton, MS 39058
Submit your review