- The Misericordia University BS in Nursing Degree (BSN) provides an education that shares and also embrace the University values of service, justice, mercy and also hospitality. Graduates can enter the workforce as professionals who assume an active and also essential role as an associate of the multidisciplinary health care team in the planning, provision, and also assessment of ethical, safe and humanistic care in a swiftly expanding health care technological system.
- The Baccalaureate in Nursing training program is certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) through 2023.
About the school
- Misericordia University is a 4-year, Catholic, co-educational liberal arts institution situated on a 100-acre campus in Dallas, Pennsylvania, close to the cities of Wilkes-Barre and also Scranton within the Diocese of Scranton, United States. It was established by the Religious Sisters of Mercy on August 15, 1924.
- The university offers Bachelor’s, master’s as well as doctoral degrees and also postmaster’s and post bachelor’s On August 24, in the year 2007 Misericordia achieved university status. It was known as College Misericordia before August 24, 2007.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $30,770
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Successful freshman applicants to Misericordia University’s Nursing program will typically have a minimum grade point average of 2.8 and a combined SAT score of 960 (math and critical reading) for students who took the SAT prior to March 5, 2016, or 1040 for students who took the SAT after March 5, 2016; in lieu of the SAT, ACT results may also be presented reflecting a minimum 21 ACT composite score. They will also have taken 1 year of high school chemistry, biology, and math (including 1 semester of algebra) all with a minimum grade of “C”.
Please note the above listed requirements are general, and that each application is looked at thoroughly, taking into account individual grades, academic rigor, and other factors.
Admission into traditional undergraduate nursing requires:
- Students who are applying for admission into the nursing major (both first time and transfer student admissions – traditional and PTENP), and who have either not taken the ACT or the SAT examination, or not achieved the admission SAT or ACT requirements, published in the Misericordia University catalog (960 with a minimum score of 450 in the math and verbal exams; ACT 21), will be required to schedule and complete the NLN Nursing Entrance Examination (PAX-RN) prior to admission evaluation. A proficiency score of 78% or higher on the NLN Nursing Entrance Examination is required in order to be considered for admission into the major. The examination may only be taken once.
- High school average of 80 or higher
- B or above in science and mathematics courses
- Completion of one year of chemistry, biology, and mathematics (including one semester of algebra).
Address: 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612, USA
Phone: (570) 674-6400
Submit your review