- The ADN – Generic Option is 64 credits and can be concluded in two years. The program is intended for students who have no previous nursing experience. Its aim is to train students to be patient advocates, direct caregivers, and health educators for communities, families, and clients. Graduates are qualified to take the National Council Licensing Exam-RN following graduation. This program is accessible at campuses in Fergus Falls Detroit Lakes and Wadena.
- The ADN – Advanced Standing Option is intended for Licensed Vocational / Practical Nurses who are interested in becoming Registered Nurses. Students gain 11 credits for completing their Practical Nursing degree and join the ADN – Advanced Standing Option students in the second year of the professional nursing program. Students are awarded 32 credits in the one-year program, which is offered on the M State campuses in Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Moorhead, and Wadena.
Upon successful completion of the Associate of Science Nursing program, students are eligible to apply for licensure as a Registered Nurse and employment in medical clinics, hospitals, community health facilities, long-term care centers and other health-related facilities.
About the school
Minnesota State Community and Technical College is a community and technical college with campuses in, Fergus Falls, Detroit Lakes Wadena, and Moorhead. M State awards more than 70 liberal arts and career programs on its campuses, and over 25 online programs and majors through its eCampus. The college admits more than 9,000 campus-based and online students annually.
M State was founded in 2003 with the integration of Fergus Falls Community College and three campuses of Northwest Technical College. The college is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system.
Tuition and fees are approximately $10,676
- Apply to M State.
- Review nursing application packets, application deadlines and pre-admission exam information.
- Complete the entrance exam that is required as part of the nursing program application.
- Apply to the Nursing program.
Minnesota State Community and Technical College.
Address: 1414 College Way, Fergus Falls, MN 56537, USA
Phone: +1 877-450-3322