The nursing ADN training program at Mineral Area College grooms pupils for a profession in hospitals, convalescent centers, home care, clinics, and physician’s offices. The training program concentrates on knowledge, strategies, and methods for promoting health, providing care for the sick, to the impaired, infirmed, or other people or groups.
Training program courses consist of: administration of medication and treatments, assisting and physician during treatments and exams, referring clients to physicians as well as other health-care professionals and planning education for health maintenance.
The Nursing training program at MAC is certified by the Missouri State Board of Nursing for over 47 years.
About The School
Mineral Area College, situated in Park Hills, Missouri, USA, is a public two year institution founded in 1922. Initially referred to as Flat River Junior College, the institution chose to modify its name in 1965 to better reflect the modifications in offerings and programs the school had started to offer, it’s improved role in the community and also maximize service area.
The institution serves approximately four thousand pupils yearly, and the institution is committed to making sure that they receive an outstanding education by means of modern programs and amenities, doing this by means of the review of offerings and also services to make sure they satisfy the needs and demands of pupils.
Mineral Area College provides pupils with an extensive education that allows for transfer to a four (4) year institution or training in a given field to begin their career. Academic transfer programs permit pupils to finalize the very first two years of a four-year education accompanied by applying for transfer to a college or university to continue on their studies and also finalized the bachelor’s degree.
Schools will have different transfer specifications, and therefore it is strongly recommended pupils seek the help of a counselor to define a curriculum that better meets the criterion of the student’s preferred school or schools.
Total program cost is USD $15,410
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- College admission completed.
- A satisfactory background screening through Validity Screening Solutions.
- Satisfactory ATI TEAS test score.
- Satisfactory ATI STEP score (Bridge only).
- Official post- secondary transcripts showing completion of prerequisite courses(Bridge only).
- Minimum of a 2.75 cumulative GPA for the program general education courses: BIOL205 Human Anatomy*, BIOL206 Human Physiology*, BIOL208 Microbiology*, BIOL302 Principles of Human Nutrition*, CHEM103 Fundamentals of Chemistry, ENGL150 English, Introduction to Philosophy, Introduction to Sociology, PSYC101 Introduction to Psychology.
Mineral Area College
Address: 5270 Flat River Road, Park Hills, MO 63601, USA
Submit your review