Milwaukee Area Technical College ADN nursing is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), this Associate in Applied Science degree training program grooms pupils for a Registered Nursing career in many different health-care settings. Theory and lab courses on campus set the basis for clinical practice. Simulation and also supervised practice in clinical functions provide application of theory and also prepare pupils for practice as Registered Nurses.
Upon graduation, you will be qualified to take the Registered Nurse licensure examination (NCLEX-RN). Success in the training program is determined by the capacity to act ethically, communicate efficiently, make evidence-based clinical choices, reduce risk of harm, and make use of technology to manage data and also support clinical decisions. The program admits pupils via a petition selection process.
About The School
Milwaukee Area Technical College is a two (2) year vocational-technical college based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. Milwaukee Area Technical College offers daytime, evening, and also weekend classes at campuses in downtown Milwaukee, West Allis, Oak Creek, and Mequon.
The Continuation School was founded in 1912 close to Mason Street and the Milwaukee River. Its name was modified to the Milwaukee Vocational School in 1916 as trade skills were highlighted.
Total estimated program cost is USD $12,005
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Nursing Assistant training is required prior to petitioning.
The Petition Process is the method that students follow to inform the School of Health Sciences when they are ready and prepared to begin the core technical courses in their chosen health science program. All students MUST petition and be accepted into their program before registering for core technical courses.
To petition, students need to:
- Apply to the college, identify their program of interest, and have an active program code
- Refer to the web page for the School of Health Sciences and open the Student Program Guide (pdf)
- Complete all items identified above the “Petition Process” box for the program
- Some programs require completion of a pre-admission exam as part of the petition process
- Upon successful completion of all items, submit an electronic petition application during the open petition window for the program.
- A high school diploma or GED
- One year of high school-level biology and chemistry
- Demonstration of proficiency in basic skills through a course placement assessment
Milwaukee Area Technical College
Address: 700 W State St, Milwaukee, WI 53233
Submit your review