Midway University is devoted to helping the pupils attain their educational objectives by providing highly flexible degree programs and also course delivery alternatives. The Associate Degree Nursing is offered as part of traditional undergraduate programs and in a swift structure in the evening at the Midway campus.
Turning out to be a nurse is the starting to an attractive career. Midway University’s Nursing training program is highly regarded and also respected. The nurses are sought, often before they graduate, because of the top notch faculty and commitment to building strong clinical competencies in each student. The associate nursing degree is a wonderful alternative for pupils enthusiastic about starting a nursing career.
Pupils who complete an Associate of Science in Nursing (ADN) degree at Midway University are qualified to sit and take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN). Upon Successful completion of this exam allows the graduate to practice nursing as a Registered Nurse (RN)
About the school
Midway University is an independent, liberal arts university with roughly 1,800 pupils situated in Midway, Kentucky, United States. Related by covenant to the Christian Church, it presently offers 2 and four (4) year degrees. Midway is the only women’s institution in Kentucky.
Midway University formerly started as the Kentucky Female Orphan School on October 3, 1849, with a teacher and sixteen female pupils. The nine associates of the Board of Trustees oversaw the school’s endowment, the structure and 5 acres of land.
Total estimated program cost $14,940
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete an application to be admitted to Midway University.
- Submit college and high school transcripts or GED scores as required.
- Complete an admission interview with the chairperson or designee of the program.
- Have a cumulative 3.0 GPA on all college work. For readmission, a Midway University GPA of 2.5 will be accepted.
- An ACT score of 21 is required.
- Complete two years of high school or one intermediate college algebra course with a grade of “C” or better.
- ADN students must submit the following: evidence of hepatitis B immunization; immunity to measles, mumps, rubella and varicella; current negative tuberculin skin test; current CPR certification; evidence of health insurance prior to beginning any clinical rotations to meet health criteria of clinical facilities.
- Students must have earned sufficient number of general education credit hours (Minimum 12 credit hours and must include ENG 101, ENG 102 and BIO 190/191).
- Medicaid Nurse Aid Certification
- An articulation agreement which awards nine credit hours for successful completion of an LPN Program within the last five years is available. The LPN must meet all current admissions requirements as outlined:
- Successful completion of ENG 101, PSY 260, BIO 190/191 and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for 12 credit hours with no grade below a “C.”
- Present proof of an active Kentucky LPN license and transcript from an accredited LPN school.
- Documentation of the above may result in a waiver of NSG 115.
- Failure of a required course for the second time will be reviewed individually and may preclude the student from being admitted/re-admitted into the nursing program.
Address: 512 E Stephens St, Midway, KY 40347
Submit your review
This post seem extremely great.