Raritan Bay Medical Center in partnership with Middlesex County College offers an associate science degree in nursing training program. In this two-year training program pupils complete thirty-five credits in general education and science tutored by Middlesex County College faculty and thirty-five credits in nursing education tutored by Raritan Bay Medical Center faculty.
The curriculum comprises of basics of nursing, medical-surgical nursing; a mixture of obstetrics, pediatrics and psychiatry; and then sophisticated medical-surgical, with an importance on critical care and also nursing leadership and management. Pupils acquire their clinical experiences at Raritan Bay Medical Center, which is specified a magnet hospital for nursing top quality by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for nursing excellence. This designation is awarded to lower than 3 % of America’s hospitals
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Middlesex County College offers little classes, leading-edge studies, useful resources, for instance, there are many computer labs, a large selection of student activities, and committed faculty who are there when you need them to open up new worlds. The school has Sites in New Brunswick as well as Perth Amboy. The school is certified by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. It was established in 1964.
Total estimated program cost is USD $14,220
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- If a student has less than 12 cumulative college credits the high school GPA will be used.
- High school GPA calculation: Un-weighted GPA will be used in GPA calculation
- If a student has 12 or more cumulative college credits the college GPA will be used.
- College GPA calculation:
If the student has at least 12 college credits within the last five years– a recalculated cumulative GPA will be used for the GPA calculation for all coursework within the last five years from all colleges attended.
If the student does not have at least 12 college credits within the last five years- a cumulative GPA will be used in the GPA calculation from all colleges attended.
Please Note: Any student who does not have a high school cumulative GPA or does not have 12 college credits must earn a college cumulative GPA with at least 12 college credits to be considered for the program.
- Prerequisite science grades of “B” orbetter in laboratory biology and laboratory chemistry
- The highest laboratory biology and laboratory chemistry grade will be used from high school or college, whichever grades are higher. (MCC offers BIO 010 and CHM 010, if needed)
- Science courses taken on the college level will be weighted slightly higher than science courses taken at the high school level.
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS-V) test score. The TEAS-V exam can be taken at any location.
- This program is open only to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
- The student must complete all ESL and developmental courses, or receive an exemption. These courses are MAT 010, MAT 013, RDG 009, RDG 011 and ENG 009, ENG 010and all levels of the ESL sequences.
Middlesex County College- Raritan Bay Medical Center
Address: 2600 Woodbridge Avenue Edison, NJ 08818-3050
Submit your review