Middlesex Community College has taken into consideration the fact that numerous students are employed or have families, and that is why the Associate Degree in Nursing Program can also be earned by attending day or evening courses.
The degree is accredited by NLNAC and you will be eligible for the NCLEX-RN examination. Since the students will have to do medical practice with children and elderly, they will have to undergo a Criminal Offender Record Information.
About the school
Middlesex Community College is a public college established in the year 1970 in leased structures on the premises of the Veterans Hospital in Bedford, Massachusetts.
Middlesex Community College offers 25 certificate programs and 57 associate degree programs, as well as many highly focused, short-term programs in selected career fields. Students have the options to take classes during the day, evening, online and on weekends. Over 5,000 Middlesex students take online courses through Middlesex Interactive, the college’s online learning network provided throughout the year. MCC also has a wide array of non-credit courses providing professional and personal development opportunities.
MCC students now have the chance to complete selected bachelor’s degree programs at the college affiliated with Massachusetts state colleges. Survey data and follow-up assessment of MCC graduates in the space of one year of graduation show that 97 percent were either employed in a field related to their education at MCC or pursuing advanced higher education. Middlesex Community College has the full accreditation of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. via its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
Tuition and fees: $3,218.00
Total Cost In-State students: $14,570.00
Total Cost Out-State students: $19,514.00
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Complete the Nursing Admission Requirements Certification Form when you have met the admission criteria listed below and please note that there is no timeframe on the courses needed to apply:
- Completion of high school or college Algebra II (MAT 080) or completion of math module 12, 73, or 82 in Preparation for
- College Math or a higher level math with a grade of C or better (73% or higher)
- Completion of high school or ANY college Chemistry with a lab with a grade of C or better (73% or higher)
- Completion of high school or college Biology or Anatomy & Physiology I with a lab with a grade of C or better (73% or higher)
- Attendance at an Overview of the Nursing Program Session
- Completion of the TEAS V or VI (Test of Essential Academic Skills version V or VI) at Middlesex or another Massachusetts public college with an Adjusted Individual Total Score of 62.0% or higher within the last year
A minimal cumulative 2.5 GPA
In addition, the following must be submitted to qualify for admission:
- A completed Middlesex Community College general application form.
- A completed and signed Nursing Admission Requirements Certification Form
- Three completed Health Program Recommendation forms. One recommendation must be from an instructor.
- Official high school transcript documenting receipt of a high school diploma, or proof of receipt of a GED or HiSET
- Official college transcripts (required from all colleges attended, except Middlesex Community College)
Middlesex Community College
Lowell Campus: 33 Kearney Square, Lowell, MA 01852
Submit your review