- Their CCNE- certified Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree training program, built to satisfy the swiftly changing health care environment, readies you to become a successful registered nurse (RN). The BSN training program assists you to develop a broad base of scientific knowledge, excellent communication skills, critical thinking and also value-based decision-making capabilities.
- As a graduate of Messiah College’s demanding, but the highly rewarding nursing degree training program, you will be eligible and also gain the qualifications to become a Registered Nurse. You will also be prepared to enter the largest healthcare profession in the United States—one which is estimated to continue to grow well into the next several years.
- They emphasize the Christian aspects of dedication, compassion and also patient care across the BSN degree curriculum, along with thorough liberal arts and also science courses. During the nursing training program, you will get life-like practice, too.
- While working toward your Bachelor of Science in Nursing, you’ll get to take part in community-based disaster drills, and many pupils also complete research projects in partnership with regional clinical institutions.
About the school
- Messiah College is a non-public Christian college of the liberal arts and also applied arts and sciences situated in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. Messiah’s objective is to “educate men and women toward maturity of intellect, character, and also Christian faith in preparation for lives of leadership, service, and also reconciliation in church and society.
- Messiah College was established in the year 1909 by the Brethren in Christ Church and was initially known as Messiah Bible School and Missionary Training Home.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,670
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Strong applicants should have
- NEW SAT requirements for admission:
- Math 530 or above
- Evidenced-based Reading 27 or above
- Upper third of high school class or > 66th %ile
- Strong science background in biology, chemistry, advanced placement in sciences helpful but not required
- Science grades of “B” or higher
- Strong writing skills
High school academic course of study should include
The PA State Board of Nursing requires high school students to have a minimum of 4 units of English, 3 units of Social Studies, 2 units of Mathematics (1 of which is Algebra) and 2 units of Science with a related laboratory or the equivalent. Overall, the high school academic course of study should include:
- Natural and social sciences (biology, chemistry, psychology, sociology)
- Social studies and/or history
- Foreign language
- Writing composition
External students applying to the nursing major
- Students must apply to the College by April 15 (fall admission) and October 15 (spring admission) and meet all College admission criteria prior to the nursing admission review process.
- Students transferring from a college or university other than Messiah College must have an earned cumulative GPA of 3.3 to be admitted to Messiah College as a nursing major.
- Depending upon the student’s type and number of transferred courses, it may take up to an additional four years to complete the nursing program.
- The achievement of a “B” or higher is required in all equivalent pre-requisite courses to the major. Pre-requisite courses include:
- BIOL 185 and BIOL 186 Anatomy and Physiology I and II from the same college
- SOAN 101 Introduction to Sociology and/or
- PSYC 101 Introduction to Psychology and/or
- HDFS 101 Foundations of Marriage and Family
- PSYC 209 Life Span Development
- CHEM 103 Chemical Science
- NURS 203 Historical and Conceptual Basis for Nursing
- BIOL 189 Genetics for Health Professions
- BIOL 382 Microbiology for Health Professions
- NUTR 222 Nutrition Theory
- STAT 269 Introductory Statistics
- Transfer students applying to the nursing major are notified of acceptance upon completion of the application review process. Notification of acceptance into the nursing major will occur on an ongoing basis.
Address: 1 College Ave, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055, USA
Submit your review