Mesa Community College (MCC) is located in Mesa, Arizona. The school was established in 1965 and is also part of the Maricopa County Community College District, The College has two comprehensive campuses and additional locations to serve students and for student accessibility.it also offers a great many online programs that can be accomplished 100% online. The two main institutions are the Southern and Dobson Campus along with the Red Mountain Campus. MCC is a publicly financed two-year college with an extensive range of associate degree and certificate programs, for students to enter the workforce immediately. MCC is fully accredited, and it offers more than 200 degrees, transfer, career and certificate programs.
The MaricopaNursing board controls mesa Community College Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree program. The MaricopaNursing Programs are accredited by the Arizona State Board of Nursing and approved by the Accrediting Commission for Education (ACEN). The AAS program of the school helps students achieve the knowledge and skills needed to enter the healthcare workforce; This nursing program delivers innovative instruction and service to make a positive change in the lives of the students and community members
Total Estimated Cost of the program is $ 9,104.00
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
- All potential applicants are urged to meet with an Advisor/Admission Officer each semester to obtain current information about changes in the admission requirements.
- Complete this Student Information Form at the college of first choice if you are a new student to the The information is necessary for your transcript evaluation and registration for courses.
- High School graduation or GED is required for the Associate in Applied Science degree in nursing. To use a high school course for a college pre-requisite, a high school transcript is required; otherwise, the signature on the Declaration page will suffice.
- All official colleges/universities transcripts are sent to the Admissions Office at the college of the first choice. Please request that the institution includes a current name and student identification number.
- Submit a current Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card. See an advisor/admission officer or www.maricopa.edu/nursing/pdfdocs/FingerprintingInformation.pdf for information in applying for the card. Allow up to 12 weeks to receive the card.
- Applicants must score at an 80% or higher in English Language Composite Score and 75% or higher in math within 24 months of application. Applicants may retest after remediation to improve the score after 60 days up to a maximum of 3 times per 12-month period. Information on test preparation, test fee, and the guidelines for taking the test are available at on the MaricopaNursing http://www.nursing.maricopa.edu/ website under Admission Requirements. The nursing director may deny acceptance of an application if an applicant violates the guidelines for taking the entrance exam. The HESI A2 Study Guide is available in select college bookstores and libraries. These materials will assist you in preparing for the exam by reviewing math and reading skills.
- Transfer applicants, paramedics, and LPNs wishing to apply for advanced placement into Block 2 or Block 3 must complete the Advanced Placement Information & Application Packet on the nursing program website under “Advanced Placement.”
- During the admission and registration process, all students are required to apply for a background check(see specifics for this background check at http://www.nursing.maricopa.edu/BackgroundCheckRequirements.php) to verify identity, social security number, and that their name/names do not appear on the List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- In addition, students will be required to submit a urine drug screen sample at some point during the orientation/admission process. Faculty will instruct the students when this is due, and students are NOT permitted to provide a previous urine drug screen as it needs to be submitted with the school code. Students will receive specific instructions on completing the background check and urine drug screen during the registration process.
Mesa Community College
1833 West Southern Avenue
Mesa, AZ 85202-4866
Submit your review
Leave a Reply