The nursing program in Mercy school of Health Science core syllabus is organized for study over six semesters of part-time group action. With evening categories and weekend clinical, you’ll have time to continue daytime commitments.
- It is suggested needed humanistic discipline and sciences courses be completed 1st. All of those courses area unit offered within the evenings at Mercy school.
- Evening nursing courses begin at 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday clinical rotations can begin at 7:00 a.m., at our clinical affiliate, Mercy Medical Centre – (Des Moines)capital of Iowa and different central Iowa tending organizations.
Students are going to be ready for associate degree entry-level role as a nurse active with holistic skills and observe competencies in structured settings like hospitals, clinics, and long-run care facilities.
The Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) program is offered in an exceedingly part-time, evening and weekend format that may be completed in as few as six semesters. You’ll be able to recruit two nights per week in categories and complete Sat nursing clinical rotations.
If changing into a nurse has been your dream, however, life has gotten within the manner, this night and weekend format can give you a chance to pursue your nursing career.
Once you complete your Associate of science in nursing major, you will be qualified for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) ®. after you have successfully passed the communication, you’ll be authorized to supply medical aid for a large vary of patients, residents, and purchasers in many various tending settings.
This nursing program is authorized by the Certification Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and is approved by the Iowa Board of Nursing. Admission to the present skilled program is restricted and competitive. Choice relies on the foremost qualified candidates.
About the school
Mercy College of Health Sciences (MCHS) is a college situated in downtown Des Moines, Iowa, United States of America. It was founded by the Sisters of Mercy in the year 1899.
In 1893, 3 sisters from Mercy Hospital in Davenport, Iowa established a hospital in Des Moines, IA, USA.
Their very first place was Hoyt Sherman Place, and in the year 1899 Mercy Hospital Training School was founded. This developed into Mercy School of Health Sciences, from which Mercy College of Health Sciences was founded in downtown Des Moines in the year 1995. The Higher Learning Commission accredits Mercy College of Health Sciences.
Total program cost is USD $15,462
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
To be considered for admission to the Associate of Science in Nursing program, applicants must be admitted to Mercy College and meet the criteria listed below. Admission to the College does not guarantee admission to a major.
- Provide evidence of successful completion of the content of a 150-hour or greater nursing assistant course taught within the past five years to beginning nursing courses.
- Achieve a grade of “C” (not C-) or higher in a college-level anatomy (with lab) course.
- Academic Requirements: Candidates for admission will be considered for admission under the most recent of the following academic requirements.
- First-time College Students must earn a high school cumulative GPA of 2.7.
- Transfer Students must earn a GPA of 2.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale of the most recent nine credits.
- Mercy College students who seek admission into the ASN Program will be considered under the following guidelines:
- Complete a minimum of nine (9) credit hours at Mercy College; and
- Earn a GPA of 2.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale of the most recent nine credits.
- Prerequisite Requirements: Demonstrate completion of one year of high school or one semester of college-level work with a grade of at least “C” (not “C-“) in each of these required courses:
- Math Requirement:
- One year of high school Algebra; or
- One semester of college-level Pre-Algebra or Algebra I
- ASN students must meet one of the following criteria to demonstrate competency in mathematical ability:
- Achieve a mathematics score of 22 or higher on the ACT test or a mathematics score of at least 480 on the SAT within the last two years; or
- Achieve a grade of “C” (not “C-”) or higher in two semesters of high school algebra within the last two years; or
iii. Achieve a grade of “C” (not “C-”) or higher in one semester of a college-level algebra course within the last two years; or
- Achieve a scaled mathematics score of 80 or greater on the pre-algebra domain of the COMPASS test within the last two years. If a student does not achieve a score of 80 on the COMPASS exam, the student must take either MAT 095 Pre-Algebra, MAT 102 Math for General Studies, or MAT 120 College Algebra prior to or concurrent with the first semester of the nursing program.
Mercy College of Health Sciences
Address: 928 6th Ave, Des Moines, IA 50309
Submit your review
Leave a Reply