The undergraduate training program consists of 2 tracks, both culminating in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree and also preparing graduates to continue their education at the master’s level.
- The prelicensure track is designed for pupils who are not yet Certified Nurses. This option is offered on the Atlanta campus of Mercer University. Satisfactory completion of the prelicensure track and also authorization from a state board of nursing entitles the graduate to sit and take the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
- The RN-BSN Completion Track is a program of study for registered nurses with residence in Georgia that have graduated from an approved associate degree or diploma nursing training program and who hold an unencumbered Georgia registered nurse license (RN) with the capacity to complete clinical experiences in the state of Georgia.
About the school
- Mercer University is the most ancient private institution in Georgia with its major campus in Macon, Georgia, United States of America.
- Mercer enrolls over 8,500 students in twelve colleges and schools: liberal arts, business, nursing, education, music, continuing and professional studies, law, engineering, theology, medicine, pharmacy, and also health professions.
- Mercer University was established in Penfield, Georgia, USA, as a boys’ preparatory school under Billington McCarthy Sanders, a professor who served as the very first president, and also Adiel Sherwood, a Baptist minister who earlier formed a boys’ manual labor school that served as a model. The institution started as Mercer Institute with 39 pupils on January 14, in the year 1833.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,520
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Prelicensure BSN Track
- Apply to the university and the nursing program.
- Submit a $50 nonrefundable application fee (check or money order).
- Submit an essay letting us know your reasons for pursuing the profession of nursing as well as enrollment into our College of Nursing.
- Submit TEAS score(s).
- Submit official college transcript(s)
- Anatomy & Physiology I (lecture and lab) 4 hrs
- Anatomy & Physiology II (lecture and lab) 4 hrs
- English Composition I 3 hrs
- English Composition II 3 hrs
- Introduction to Psychology 3 hrs
- Political Science or Economics 3 hrs
- Introduction to Sociology or Anthropology 3 hrs
- Abnormal Psychology/Psychopathology 3 hrs
- Statistics 3 hrs
- Cultural Appreciation 3 hrs
- Fundamentals of Microbiology 4 hrs
- Nutrition 3 hrs
- General Education Elective 3 hrs
- Speech or Communications 3hrs
- Fine Arts/Humanities Elective 3 hrs
- Philosophy or Ethics 3 hrs
- Human Growth and Development Across the Lifespan 3 hrs
- Religion (no longer required; may be waived) 3 hrs
RN-BSN Completion Track
- Download, print, and mail the RN-BSN Application.
- Submit a $50 nonrefundable application fee (check or money order)
- Submit an essay
- Submit a copy of your current professional nursing licensure card
- Request two professional references be sent to Admissions.
- Submit all official college transcript(s)
- Completion or courses in progress of general education courses:
- English Composition I and II
- Bio/A&P I and II with labs
- Microbiology and lab
- Introduction to Psychology
- Human Growth & Development (Life Span)
- Political Science or Economics
- Introduction to Sociology or Anthropology
- Religion (may be waived)
- Introduction to Statistics
- Speech or Communications
- Cultural Appreciations Elective
- Philosophy or Ethics
- General Education Electives
Transfer Credit – BSN
- General education courses with a grade of “C” or better from a regionally accredited college or university may be considered for transfer credit provided they meet degree requirements in the College’s curriculum.
- Courses may be considered for credit, regardless of age of the course. However the age of the coursework is a factor in the admission decision.
- Science courses completed more than five (5) years ago may require validation by faculty before credit can be granted (for prelicensure BSN Track applicants).
- An applicant desiring to transfer from another nursing program into the Mercer nursing program can possibly receive credit for nursing electives only (2 semester hours) provided a “B” grade or higher was earned.
Address: 1501 Mercer University Dr, Macon, GA 31207
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews
Leave a Reply