The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) training program incorporates coursework in nursing and also general education with clinical experiences in regional health-care amenities under the guidance of college faculty associates.
The training program is authorized by the New Jersey Board of Nursing along with the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. Graduates meet the requirements to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses.
Graduates are inspired to undertake a baccalaureate degree in nursing and also credits may be applied in total or in part as outlined by the policies of the accepting school. Successful graduates of the training program are honored the Associate in Science Degree (ASN)
About The School
Mercer County Community College (MCCC) is an authorized, co-educational, public, two-year, community college situated in Mercer County, New Jersey, USA. The school’s present president is Dr. Jianping Wang as of July 1, 2015. A lot more than 13,000 pupils enlist in one or more credit courses year to year.
Founded in 1966, Mercer County Community College is a publicly supported extensive educational institution that provides possibilities for higher education via an open-door admission policy.
Total estimated program cost is USD $13,780
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- pass any required college course within three (3) attempts. All students must be successful on the third attempt.
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- successfully complete the Admission Assessment Information regarding the entrance exam can be found on the nursing website atwww.mccc.edu/nursing.
- Admission requires a high school diploma or the equivalent; satisfactory performance on the college skills placement test or completion of any required academic foundations courses; and high school completion (with a grade of “C” or better) of two years of academic mathematics and one year of laboratory chemistry and biology.
- Students who have not taken these courses or who have not completed them within the last five years may fulfill this requirement through the completion of the following MCCC courses: Basic Algebra (MAT034), Introductory Chemistry (CHE100), and Biological Science Concepts (BIO113).
- Each of the following science and one of the following mathematics courses are used in the selection process & must have been taken within the last 10 years: MAT 135, MAT1 40 or MAT 200; and, BIO 103, BIO 104, BIO 201, and CHE 107 or CHE101 & 102. Only courses with grades of “C” or higher areconsidered, and candidates must have an overall GPA above 5. All required coursework for the nursing program (e.g., BIO103, ENG101, etc.).
- Students must have completed both pre-nursing courses, NRS101 and NRS102, with a grade of “C” or higher and completed and passed the HESI Admission Assessment Exam.
Mercer County Community College
Address: 1200 Old Trenton Rd, West Windsor Township, NJ 08550, USA
Submit your review