- The Patty Hanks Shelton College of Nursing is a consortium of McMurry University and also Hardin-Simmons University. PHSSN is the only intercollegiate training program in the country that serves two non-public universities.
- The staff, faculty, and also student body are honored to be associated with Christian universities in the West Texas region to offer a BS in Nursing (BSN) degree. There at the Patty Hanks Shelton School of Nursing, they are devoted to preparing you to sit and take the national licensing examination to become a registered nurse.
- As an associate of the Patty Hanks Shelton School of Nursing family, you will be in a cohort of pupils from McMurry University who have completed 2-years of general education requirements and have been admitted into their nursing training program to complete the final 2-years of nursing education.
- On your quest to becoming a Registered Professional Nurse, you will have the chance to experience an introduction to nursing in several of the area’s premiere healthcare organizations, take part in interactive courses, perfect your expertises in a state-of-the-art clinical simulation laboratory, and also join nursing agencies. Their affiliations with community organizations and also nurses will expose you to a wealth of expertise and also highlight many nursing specialties.
- At Patty Hanks Shelton School of Nursing, they are devoted to preparing nursing pupils for Christian leadership and also service all over Texas, the country, and the world. They look forward to meeting and also working with you to help you prepare for an exciting career in nursing.
About the school
- McMurry University, established in 1923, is a non-public co-educational university in Abilene, Texas, United States Of America.
- It is a liberal arts college offering 45 majors in the disciplines of fine arts, humanities, social and natural sciences, education, business, and religion, and also nine pre-professional programs, including nursing, dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, veterinary, and law. McMurry is associated with the United Methodist Church.
- McMurry has 1,080 students. Methodist students constitute 27% of the student population. 95% of students are Texan. Minority groups make up roughly one-fourth of the student body.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,760
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
All Applicants must complete the Application Process, which will then be reviewed by the PHSSN Admissions Committee to determine if students meet the below requirements.
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) must be a minimum of a 3.00 on a 4.00 scale
- Completion of all nursing prerequisite courses with a letter grade of ‘C’ or higher (Letter grade of less than ‘C’ will not be accepted toward Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree) Course Exception: Pathophysiology must have a minimum of a ‘B’
- Students are also required to take a Nursing Entrance Exam
- Completion of General Education and Prerequisite coursework before entering first semester at PHSSN
Address: 1400 Sayles Blvd, Abilene, TX 79605, USA
Submit your review