The two (2) year Associate Degree Nursing Curriculum in McLennan Community College readies pupils to become skilled registered nurses to give patient-centered care in hospitals as well as other health-care organizations.
The curriculum provides pupils with nursing theory and also clinical experiences that prepare them to meet the criteria to take the examination for licensure as a registered nurse (RN), as outlined by the Texas Board of Nursing.
Present LVNs may choose advanced placement, which has unique prerequisites. A grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in the complete nursing curriculum and a grade average of “C” or better in all courses will meet the requirements the graduates to earn the Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree and to make application to the NCLEX-RN. It is Accredited/Endorsed by the Texas Board of Nursing for the State of Texas.
About The School
McLennan Community College is a community institution partly funded by the taxpayers of McLennan County, Texas, USA. Situated in Waco, Texas, it unveiled in the year 1965. McLennan Community College currently serves about 9,000 pupils and also has over 700 workers.
Total estimated program cost is USD $13,576
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Application for Admission to McLennan Community College.
- Application for the associate degree nursing program.
- Documentation- proof of completion of any one of the texas college placement test (TSI, etc.) to include test scores in reading, writing, and mathematics or placement test exemption status.
- Documentation- Official and unofficial transcripts from all colleges where you earned credits
- Official transcripts go to the office of Student Admissions department
- Unofficial transcripts go to the ADN program with application
- The applicant must pass the HESI pre-nursing entrance exam within two (2) attempts prior to the application deadline for the Associate Degree NursingProgram. Application deadlines: Spring Admission September 15 and Fall Admission May 15.
- An applicant may take the HESI only twice during an application period. Applicants must wait 30 days between tests.
The only HESI scores that will be accepted and reviewed are the first two attempts within the application period. Any subsequent scores after the second attempt will not be accepted or reviewed.
- To be eligible for transfer, a student must meet the minimum requirements for entry into the program, including admissions test scores on reading and math at or above the minimum requirements; a GPA of 2.8 based on first science BIOL 2404, BIOL 2401, ENGL 1301, and PSYC 2301; and an overall GPA of 2.8 in required nursing support courses.
Mclennan Community College
Address: 1400 College Dr, Waco, TX 76708