The Associate Degree Nursing program in Maysville community and technical college prepares graduates to provide and handle patient care and to turn out to be valuable associates within the discipline of nursing. Graduates are qualified to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). The Registered Nurse training program is offered on the Maysville Campus as well as the Licking Valley Campus in Cynthiana.
About the school
Maysville Community and Technical College (MCTC) situated in Maysville, Kentucky, United States, is among the sixteen two-year, open-admissions colleges of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). It was established in December 2004 from the combination of Maysville Community College (established in 1968) in Maysville, Kentucky and Rowan Technical College (established in 1970) in Morehead, Kentucky. Maysville Community and Technical College is certified by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Maysville Community and Technical College maintains three campuses (Maysville Campus, Licking Valley Campus, and Rowan Campus) and a lot of satellite locations, and offers programs at the East Kentucky Correctional Structure.
Total estimated program cost $12,200
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Acceptance into the Associate Degree RN Program is based on a selective admissions process. Requirements are as follows:
- current application for admission to a KCTCS college
- official transcript from each college or university previously attended
- COMPASS or ACT scores
- Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider level CPR certification required prior to first day of class if admitted to program (online certification not acceptable)
- proof of active status on the Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry
- LPN school transcripts (if applicable)
- successful completion of program pre-requisites with a grade of “C” or higher
- attendance at one pre-admission conference per admission cycle (academic year)
- GPA of 2.00 or better in all college coursework (not just one class)
- all college and program admission requirements must be on file by March 1 of each year to be considered for admission to NSG 101 in the fall semester
- LPNs entering the program in the spring semester must have all college and program admission requirements on file by November 1
- documentation of computer literacy as defined by KCTCS.
- official scores from the National League for Nursing (NLN) Pre-RN Admission Exam
Maysville community and technical college
Address: 1755 US-68 BUS, Maysville, KY 41056
Submit your review