The ADN program offered by the Massasoit Community College is a two-year program accredited by the NLNAC. The school recorded 83% pass rate out of the graduates who took the NCLEX-RN examination. This proves the premium education and the dedication of both the teachers and the students.
A Minimum grade of 78 or C is required to pass all nursing courses. Both clinical experiences and theory courses can also can be attended during the day or evening.
About the school
Massasoit Community College was founded in 1966 and named after Massasoit, the Great Sachem of the Wampanoag.
The Massasoit Community College provides associate degree programs in sciences, arts, and applied sciences, and short-term and one-year certificates for an array of occupations and interests. Job skills and corporate training courses, theater and concert performances, personal enrichment classes, and programs for high school students, seniors, and younger children, are among the other choices open to the residents of Southeastern Massachusetts.
Total tuition and fees for in-state is about $14,000 while of the out-of-state residents is about $28,900
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Application Deadline date – February 1
- Submit a completed application form to the Admissions Office.
- Submit documentation of high school graduation, GED / HiSET, or other state approved equivalency credential (transcript or diploma). All foreign high school transcripts must be evaluated.
- Submit all official college transcripts from other institutions attended (including LPN school).
- Submit ATI TEAS Nursing Test results or copy of registration test date (if test is scheduled after February 1, 2018). Please contact ATI (atitesting.com) to schedule a test date after November 1, 2017.
- Submit 1 letter written by applicant stating why he/she would be a good candidate for the program and 1 letter of recommendation.
- Attend the required Information Session. (The time limit for Information Session attendance is one year).
- All course prerequisites must be completed: Biological Principles, Anatomy and Physiology I, Anatomy and Physiology II, General Psychology. Priority will be given to applicants receiving a “B” or better in all prerequisites.
- Applicants must hold current licensure as a LPN in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and submit a copy of licensure card.
- All items must be submitted together to the Admissions Office before the deadline date of February 1, 2018. Incomplete applications received in the mail or in person or applications received after the deadline date will not be reviewed and will be returned.
Massasoit Community College
For Offices on the Brockton Campus:
One Massasoit Blvd., Brockton, MA 02302
Dial Direct: 508-588-9100 or
Toll Free: 1-800-CAREERS
Submit your review