- This pre-professional training program provides both the academic knowledge and also clinical skills essential to practice in a health care setting. The undergraduate nursing training program incorporates liberal arts and science and also applies it to nursing care and practice. The BSN program also prepares students for advanced nursing education and also professional career development.
- The Marywood University Division of Nursing provides both academic and also clinical coursework to prepare pupils to provide health care services in various settings. Other areas of practice include pharmaceuticals, research, consulting, management, and also administration. B.S.N graduates may decide to continue their education in pursuit of a career as a nurse practitioner, nurse anesthetist, or even educator.
- The training program readies students to assist clients in health care settings to identify and also alleviate health problems.
About the school
- Marywood University is a co-educational, Catholic liberal arts institution situated on an 115-acre campus in Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States Of America, within the Diocese of Scranton. Founded in 1915 by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Marywood presently enrolls over 3,400 students in various undergraduate, graduate, and also doctoral programs.
- The institution has a national arboretum with over 100 types of shrubs and trees. Marywood’s Catholic identification along with its mission to educate students to “live responsibility in an interdependent world” encourages pupils to be socially responsible elements of change.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $29,780
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
In addition to the completed application form and fee, the candidate to be considered for admission must send to the Office of Admissions the following information:
- Prior to March 2016, a minimum of 1450 (combined) on the SAT, with no single test score below 480 (or an ACT composite score of 21 or higher).
- After March 2016, a minimum of 1040 (Evidence based reading and writing plus math sections) SAT, with a minimum of 520 in the math section.
- One letter of recommendation from a guidance counselor, teacher, or other person familiar with the student’s academic background.
- An official high school and/or university transcript with an indication of class rank and/or QPA.
Address: 2300 Adams Ave, Scranton, PA 18509, USA
Submit your review