Two (2) year (5 semesters) regular degree schedule of nursing, science, and also general education courses; training program must be completed in a max of five (5) years. Marion Technical College nursing pupils complete different clinical experiences.
Graduates meet the requirements to take the licensing examination of the National Council of State Boards of Nursing to evolve into a Registered Nurse (RN). There is also Licensed Practical Nurse-ADN transition.
Licensed Practical Nurses must complete the Nursing (RN) Technology Training program within five (5) years of passing the most recent successful Fundamentals ATI Examination. Prepare males and females for challenging and also rewarding careers as Registered Nurses with the use of work experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
About The School
Marion Technical College is a public technical college situated on an 180-acre campus in Marion, Ohio, USA that is shared between Marion Technical College and the Ohio State University at Marion.
Total estimated program cost is USD $16,120
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Completion of an MTC Application for Admission (including nonrefundable application fee).
- Applicants must have completed high school or obtained a GED before being enrolled in the first nursing technical course. An official copy of the applicant’s final high school transcript (or GED results) should be on file in the Office of Student Records.
- American College Test (ACT) results.
- A minimum composite score of 19 or higher is required for general program admission.
- ACT requirement waived for students with a BS or BA degree from a regionally-accredited college.
- A 2.5 accumulative GPA is the minimum for acceptance.
- Successful completion of high school biology, chemistry, and algebra is required. (MTC offers courses to meet these requirements if not completed in high school.)
- Transfer students must qualify in accordance with current Nursing Department policies.
- Complete MTC Nursing (RN) Technology program application.
- Information session with MTC’s Director of Nursing (RN) Technology.
- All students will be required to successfully complete a criminal background check and drug screening prior to admission into the first Nursing technical course.
- Applications are accepted until May 1 for the class entering in the fall. Applications from qualified high school students will be accepted provided all the other requirements have been met and an official, interim high school transcript is on file in the MTC Office Student Records.
- The student must be at least 18 years of age prior to the initiation of program clinical experiences.
- Final high school transcript (or GED results).
- Completed MTC Application for Admission (including nonrefundable application fee).
- Official grade report for ATI, RN Fundamentals of Nursing Assessment of Level 1
- Official grade report for ATI, RN Maternal-Newborn Nursing Assessment of Level 1 or higher.
- Official grade report for ATI, Nursing Care of Children Assessment of Level 1
- A 2.5 accumulative GPA is the minimum for acceptance and 2.0 accumulative GPA for continuation.
- Validation of current Ohio LPN license without restrictions.
- Official college and/or LPN school transcripts.
- All students will be required to successfully complete a criminal background check and drug screen prior to admission into NUR1040.
Marion Technical College
Address: 1467 Mt Vernon Ave, Marion, OH 43302, USA