- The traditional 4-year training program is for students seeking to obtain the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). As soon as admitted to the 6-semester clinical rotation, pupils will have various educational experiences both in and out of the classroom.
- Graduates from the Bachelor of Science in nursing can work in any nursing function. Marian University nurses have the benefit of a solid liberal arts foundation. The proximity to downtown Indianapolis gives our students accessibility to first class health care facilities.
- Marian University offers 16-month 2nd-degree programs that simplify the nursing education process for pupils who have a Bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing field. Available on campus or web-based, the accelerated nursing programs enable students to select a learning structure that best aligns with their lifestyle and also educational preferences—making the transition into a nursing career as obtainable as possible.
About the school
- Marian University is a non-public, non-profit Roman Catholic institution situated on a 200-acre campus in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. As of fall 2014, Marian University had 2,771 students in attendance, along with a student-faculty ratio of 13:1. Established in 1851 by the Sisters of St. Francis, the school was formerly situated in Oldenburg relocating to Indianapolis in 1937.
- Marian was known as Marian College from 1936 until 2009 when it was renamed Marian University. Marian is religiously associated with the Roman Catholic Church. President Daniel Elsener at present heads Marian University.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $25,560
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- General Admission to Marian University
- For automatic acceptance as a pre-nursing student:
- First time freshmen – appropriate high school GPA and test scores
- Transfer students – a cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher with no attempts at any equivalent prerequisites sciences
Direct Admit: The Leighton School of Nursing has a direct admit program for outstanding high school students. In order to be eligible for direct admission you must have at least a 3.50 High School GPA and 1170 verbal/math SAT or 24 ACT composite. After successfully completing the nursing pre-requisites and meeting the minimum admission requirements direct admits will be guaranteed a seat in the clinical portion of the nursing program.
Address: 3200 Cold Spring Road Indianapolis, IN 46222-1997
Phone: (317) 955-6000
Submit your review
Leave a Reply