- Mansfield University’s Division of Health Sciences offers a nursing training program, certified by The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, which combines the resources of a public university along with a regional medical center. This blend leads to a program that is both academically and also clinically The curriculum provides a strong background in nursing and also the liberal arts and sciences.
- Pupils who are not yet registered nurses spend their very first 2-years on the Mansfield campus taking courses in general education and also nursing. The 2nd 2-years are at the Sayre site where they participate in numerous clinical encounter at Robert Packer Hospital as well as other area acute care hospitals. Students also have the chance to learn in community settings such as nursing homes, elementary and also secondary schools, nursery schools, and outpatient clinics, in addition to traditional public health organizations.
- The objectives of the training program are to provide pupils with the fundamentals skills necessary to develop intellectual curiosity, clinical judgment, communication competencies, therapeutic nursing skills which lay the foundation for the development of a successful and also professional nursing practitioner. This educational training program readies persons for career possibilities in acute, chronic and also community settings, and also for continued education at the graduate level.
About the school
- The Mansfield University of Pennsylvania is a public, small, liberal arts Institution situated in the borough of Mansfield, Tioga Region, Pennsylvania, United States. It is among the 14 state universities that are a part of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
- On January 23, 2015, the Institution was accepted as the 29th associate of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges. The institution is certified by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools as well as several national professional organizations.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $32,160
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Criteria for admission shall be the same as that for general admission to the University with these exceptions: Applicants must submit satisfactory reports of medical examination with specific immunizations prior to the opening of the school term, and have completed the following subjects in high school:
- English, four (4) credits
- History or Social Studies, three (3) credits
- Lab sciences, two (2) credits (Biology and Chemistry required) (LPNs and RNs with integrated curricula may meet this requirement.)
- Math, two (2) credits, one of which must be algebra
Address: 5, Swan St, Mansfield, PA 16933, United States
Submit your review