The Nursing syllabus in Luzerne County Community College is built to prepare reliable associate degree nurses who are qualified to meet licensing demands for registered nurses (RNs) and are able to practice nursing in acute care, physician’s offices, long-term care, homes, clinics, or other organizations founded to meet the health-care requirements of people.
Nursing courses must be taken in the progression outlined as content and skills develop from simple to complex. A minimum grade of “C” ought to be attained in all courses required in the nursing program in order to receive an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing.
About The School
Luzerne County Community College (LCCC) is a two (2) year community college situated in Nanticoke, Pennsylvania, United States Of America. Luzerne County Community College offers more than 100 academic, technical, and career programs. It was established in the year 1967.
Total estimated program cost is USD $17,576
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Applicants are responsible for assembling and submitting all required application materials by December 1 to be considered for admission. The required application materials include:
- Application for Admission
In order to retain a current application status you must indicate Nursing (AAS.NUR) as your intended major. You can complete an online application (luzerne.edu), mail or bring your application to the Admissions Office, Luzerne County Community College, and 1333 South Prospect Street, Nanticoke, PA 18634. All Nursing applicants are required to complete a separate Declaration of Nursing Form. Nursing applicants who do not complete this form will be automatically placed in the application pool for the Main Campus Nursing – Day Program.
- Official high school transcript or GED
High school transcripts remain on file for 2 years. If you are a readmit student and have not attended LCCC in the previous two years you must resubmit your transcripts.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities you attended
College transcripts remain on file for 2 years. If you are a readmit student and have not attended LCCC in the previous two years you must resubmit your transcripts.
- Provide evidence of the following high school or college level courses: algebra, biology and chemistry with final grades of “C” or above.
- Completion of the Nursing pre-admission exam: Nursing pre-admission scores are valid for two years prior to the application deadline.
- Math 101(Survey of Mathematics) or higher level with a final grade of “C” or above. This course must be completed before enrollment into the Nursing 110 course.
- A cumulative college GPA of at least a 2.5. A minimum high school GPA “C” without college credits.
- Nursing Declaration Form: This form will be distributed and completed at the Nursing Entrance Examination (PAX-RN)
*Admission to the Nursing Program is limited to the clinical facilities available. Admission to the College and completion of the minimum nursing admission requirements does not guarantee acceptance to the Nursing Program. Nursing admission decisions are determined on a point scale system and procedure. The College reserves the right to exercise discretion to select the most qualified candidates.
Luzerne County Community College
Address: 1333 S Prospect St, Nanticoke, PA 18634, USA
Submit your review