- The training program is designed for students who are starting their education in nursing. The program’s framework is in line with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing “Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice (2008).
- Upon completion of the criteria for the BSN, graduates meet the requirements to apply to write the NCLEX-RN. After completion of the NCLEX-RN, graduates have least educational requirements for the entry-level professional nurse.
- Certified by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and Oklahoma Board of Nursing
About the school
- Langston University, shortened as LU, is a public university in Langston, Oklahoma, United States Of America. It is the only historically black school in the state.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $25,135
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Any individual who (a) is a graduate of an accredited high school, (b) has participated in the American College Testing Program (ACT) or a similar acceptable battery of tests, (c) has completed the mandated high school curricular requirements, and (d) meets at least one of the following requirements is eligible for admission to Langston University.
- Maintained an average grade of “C” or above in the four years of high school study (2.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale) and ranked scholastically in the top 50% of the high school graduating class.
- Attained a composite standard score on the American College Testing Program or equivalent which would place the applicant among the top 50% of Oklahoma high school seniors.
- Brief typed essay describing:
- Educational, work, community and social activities in which you have been involved during and since last attending school.
- Plan for completing prerequisite courses.
- Your reasons for selecting nursing as a career.
- Reasons for choosing the Langston University School of Nursing.
- What are your specific plans to insure your success in the nursing program?
- What is your philosophy about academic integrity?
- Your future plans and goals beyond nursing school.
15 required units
- 4 English (Grammar, Composition, Literature)
- 3 Lab Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics or any lab science certified by the school district; General Science with or without a lab may not be used to meet this requirement.)
- 3 Mathematics (from Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Trigonometry, Math Analysis, Calculus)
- 3 History (including one (1) unit of American History) and citizenship skills from the subjects of Economics, Geography, Government, Non-Western Culture.
- 2 Additional units of subjects previously listed or selected from the following: Computer Science, Foreign Language
Address: 701 Sammy Davis Jr Dr, Langston, OK 73050, USA
Submit your review