- Individuals who pursue a nursing degree are motivated by the wish to help people live healthier lives as well as to assist them during life-changing circumstances. As a pre-licensure nursing major, you can reach your maximum potential.
- The hallmarks of a Lourdes University nursing training program are the individual classroom, and also clinical attention pupils receive The College of Nursing faculty focuses on supporting you on your rewarding quest to earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
- Lourdes University graduates are equipped with the leadership, communication and also analytical competencies that are not offered in a two-year associate degree training program. BSN graduates can decide to pursue graduate school studies in various specialty fields including nursing education, nurse midwifery, nursing leadership, nurse anesthesia, clinical nurse specialist or even nurse practitioner.
- Registered nurses’ responsibilities and also titles often depend on where they work and the patients they work with. With your Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, you will realize greater flexibility within the profession with many specialties and also leadership possibilities including cardiovascular, neonatal, critical care, nephrology or even rehabilitation settings.
About the school
- Lourdes University is a private, Roman Catholic and also Franciscan University situated on 127 acres in suburban Sylvania, Ohio, United States, 10 miles northwest of Toledo. Founded in the year 1958, sponsored by the Sisters of Francis of Sylvania.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,220
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Pre-Licensure Direct Admission to Nursing
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program at Lourdes has a competitive admission process. However, in recognition of the fact that many students are capable of maintaining a solid GPA, Lourdes is now permitting new students to be directly admitted to the Nursing Major providing they achieve a minimum 3.0 GPA requirement in high school and have scored at least a 22 on their ACT or an 1120 combined on the SAT. These Direct Admission nursing students should then maintain their 3.0 minimum grade point for the three semesters of pre-nursing requisite courses.
If a Direct Admission student drops their GPA to 2.5-2.99 for a semester, the student will be placed on probationary status where if they can successfully raise their GPA back to the 3.0 the following semester, they will retain their Direct Admission status.
Pre-Nursing Major Status
If a high school student’s GPA does not meet this requirement, the individual is qualified for admittance as a Pre-Nursing Major. After completing the first semester of undergraduate coursework at Lourdes University, if the student achieves a 3.0 GPA, he or she can gain Direct Admission status to the nursing major at that time.
Strong candidates not qualifying for Direct Admission status and desiring admission to the Nursing major will typically meet and / or exceed the criteria below. Competitive admission requirements apply in these cases. Please note that meeting the following criteria will make a student a strong candidate, but does not guarantee admission to the program:
- 5 or higher GPA (on a weighted 4.0 scale) AND
- 22 or higher ACT score, including at least a 20 on the math and science subsections (equivalent SAT scores are also accepted)
Because the major is competitive in nature with limited clinical space for juniors and seniors, academic advisors work with Pre-Nursing Majors to assist them in accomplishing their goal and if necessary, identifying an alternative major without lengthening their time to graduation.
Address: 6832 Convent Blvd, Sylvania, OH 43560, USA
Submit your review