Louisiana State University in Eunice offers certificate programs, technical diplomas, degree programs and associate degrees with the Associate Degree Nursing Program as one of the top priorities.
This program requires that students earn 72 credit hours in four semesters to complete. The syllabus includes necessary prerequisite courses such as psychology, mathematics, English, biology and zoology and the core nursing courses
About the school
Louisiana State University Eunice also referred to as LSU Eunice or LSUE was established in 1964 to provide an opportunity for higher education to students around southwest Louisiana.
It is a community college situated in Eunice, Louisiana and presently serves about 3,300 students both full and part-time. LSU Eunice currently offers diplomas up to the level of associate’s degree level and degree certificates with and is affiliated with the LSU System.
The LSU Board of Supervisors permitted the establishment of LSU-Shreveport and LSU-Eunice in 1965.
The total program cost is about $27,419.
Requirements for Admission
Admission to the Nursing Degree Program is on a selective basis. Selection recommendations are made by the Division of Health Sciences and Business Technology Selection Committee to the Division Head.
The number of students selected each year will depend upon a number of factors, including the financial, personnel, and other resources available to the Nursing Program. Students must meet the following minimum criteria to be considered eligible for selection into the Nursing Program:
- Meet the general admission requirements of the University.
- Complete the prerequisite courses with a grade-point average of 2.5 or higher.
- Have an overall grade-point average of 2.0 or higher.
- Submit to the Division of Health Sciences and Business Technology a completed Nursing Selection Application Form accompanied by all required documents and a $10 non-refundable application fee. These materials must be received no later than March 1 of the year for which selection is being sought.
- Complete the Nursing Entrance Test. Contact the nursing office for information on scheduling the Entrance Test.
Meeting the minimum criteria does not guarantee admission into the Nursing Program. Eligible applicants will be considered on a competitive basis. Selection decisions for the Fall class are made at the end of the prior Spring semester.
Louisiana State University – Eunice
2048 Johnson Hwy
Eunice, LA 70535
Submit your review
Leave a Reply