Los Angeles Trade–Technical College (Los Angeles Trade–Tech) is a public community college in Los Angeles, California, United States. It was founded in 1925. It offers academic courses towards four-year colleges and various vocational training programs including associate degree and also certificate programs in Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising, Cosmetology, Construction Technology, Automotive Technology, Nursing, Culinary Arts, Sign Graphics, Welding and Chemical Technology. Los Angeles Trade–Tech College is certified by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, The American Culinary Federation, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, and the National League of Nursing among others.
The Registered Nursing (RN) Program at Los Angeles Trade–Technical College combines nursing and general education courses with chosen laboratory experiences during which pupils provide nursing care to clients in hospitals and other health-care functions. Nursing courses include medical-surgical nursing, maternal child health nursing, pediatric nursing, geriatric nursing, psychiatric nursing, pharmacology, and nursing management and leadership/preceptorship. The training program is built to be completed within four semesters after admission for non-licensed candidates and within three semesters for applicants who have a valid California Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) license.
The Nursing Training program provides top quality education in health-care professions along a continuum of Registered Nursing Program. The curriculum features evidence-based practice and also current health-care technology. The program partners with our clinical affiliating agencies to promote pupil learning towards the fulfillment of career and academic objectives. The department fosters a climate of life-long learning and prepares our students to participate effectively in a democratic society.
The Registered Nursing Program is authorized by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN). Upon completion of the program, graduates are qualified to apply for the State Board of Registered Nursing Licensing Examination (NCLEX). Student graduates have the ability to:
- Use nursing process to assess, diagnose, implement, plan, and analyze care for clients of all ages who are experiencing severe or chronic health problems
- Collaborate with other health-care personnel to provide coordinated care for clients of every age group who are experiencing severe or chronic health problems.
- Function within the field of the California Nurse Practice Act.
- Demonstrate dedication to the profession of nursing
Total program cost is USD $11,800
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Students are accepted into the program on a first come, first serve basis. There are NO application deadlines.
- Students must complete all program prerequisites and take the TEAS test.
- There are no recency requirements for the prerequisites.
- Students must attend a mandatory Nursing Information Session. After the Nursing Information Session, students must then attend a mandatory Prerequisite Verification Session.
- Candidates must have minimum overall 5-grade point average in prerequisites
- And 5-grade point average in the science prerequisites
- You must have completed the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) prior to The TEAS test must have been taken within the last 3 years prior to admission.
- Applicants must meet health as well as other requirements mandated by the program and affiliating hospitals/clinic prior to entry.
Los Angeles Trade–Technical College
Address: 400 W Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90015
Submit your review