Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (shortened DHS and also LADHS) manages the public hospitals and clinics in Los Angeles County, and it is United States of America second-biggest municipal health system, after NYC Health + Hospitals. It was Established 1972.
DHS runs a comprehensive healthcare network throughout Los Angeles County, including three teaching and research hospitals associated with the Keck School of Medicine of USC and David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, one rehabilitation hospital, and various outpatient clinics, including two ambulatory care centers and sixteen local health clinics. Los Angeles County Department of Health Services also operates the My Health LA health care program, which benefits roughly 150,000 residents, partnered with over two hundred community partners. Los Angeles County Department of Health Services administrative headquarters is situated in Downtown Los Angeles’s Civic Center, at the nook of Figueroa and Temple Streets.
The College grooms graduates for a career in nursing and offers an Associate of Science degree in Nursing. Students that successfully complete the training program are qualified to apply and sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN). Clinical experiences are offered at main Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS) hospitals (Los Angeles County + University of Southern California Medical Center, Harbor-UCLA, Olive View-UCLA and Rancho Los Amigos Medical Centers) and clinics.
Total program cost is USD $8,690
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Must have been a resident of Los Angeles County for one year immediately prior to admission. Applicants will be notified should the Office of Educational Services need proof. Residency requirement will be waived for veterans or their dependents.
- S. high school graduate or equivalent Minimum overall grade point average of 2.0 in college academic courses, from a U.S. accredited college or university. Completion of the prerequisite college courses with a minimum grade of “C”:
- Human Anatomy with Lab*
- Human Physiology with Lab*
- Microbiology with Lab *
- College English Composition
- Life Span Psychology (From infancy through old age).
- Test for Essential Academic Skills version V (TEAS V) total score of 64.7% or above. (For LVN Option II, results are used for advisement only).
Final acceptance into the nursing program is contingent upon:
- Satisfactory health status, as validated by a physician. Forms will be provided.
- Satisfactory completion of a background checks as required by clinical facilities.
- Evidence of a current Basic Life Support (BLS) card for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association (AHA)
All science courses have a seven-year recency requirement for the program.
Los Angeles County Department of Health Services
Address: 1237 N Mission Rd, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA