Endorsed by the Virginia Board of Nursing, the nursing syllabus readies graduates to enter the nursing career as registered nurses (RNs).
The two (2) year associate of applied science degree training program in nursing is built to prepare chosen pupils to work as contributing associates of the health-care team, providing direct patient care as starting practitioners of nursing in many different health-care settings.
Pupils who successfully complete the program are awarded the associate of applied science (AAS) degree in nursing and are qualified to apply to sit and take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) leading to licensure as a registered nurse. An advanced placement alternative is available for pupils who are Licensed Practical Nurses (Virginia license required).
About The School
Established in the year 1970, Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC) is an extensive, multi-campus public school of higher education.
Via its four sites — the Fauquier and Middletown Campuses, the Luray-Page County Center, and Vint Hill — the Institution serves eight localities in the Shenandoah Valley and also Piedmont regions in Northern Virginia, United States. The localities are the regions of Clarke, Fauquier, Frederick, Rappahannock, Page, Shenandoah and Warren and the City of Winchester.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,250
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Requirements for admissions to the AAS Nursing Program are specific and admission is selective and competitive. All admission requirements must be completed in order to be considered in the selection process. In all cases, the recommendation of the selection committee is the final determinant for admission to the nursing program. Nursing program admission criteria are under review at the time of this publication.
- Application to Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC).
- Take Placement tests for Reading, Writing, and Mathematics. You must satisfy the reading and writing requirements to be eligible to take Program courses. You must show competency in MTE 1-6.
- Graduation from high school or satisfactory completion of the certificate of general educational development (GED); official copy required. Biology, chemistry, and algebra required with a grade of C or better (may be substituted with an entry-level course in each subject)
- Evidence of computer competency.
- Completion of HESI A2 Exam (Only available in January and February for initial testing, March for retake testing)
- Completion of Nursing Program application with all required transcripts.
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
Lord Fairfax Community College
Address: 173 Skirmisher Ln, Middletown, VA 22645
Submit your review
Leave a Reply