- For individuals just starting in their careers or perhaps those seeking a career change, the nursing profession offers a wide range of roles and also options in meeting the health needs of persons, families, communities and also
- The School of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing preparing new nurses via three paths:
- Regular day path
- Part-time evening/weekend path
- Accelerated 2nd-degree path—a 15-month training program for students who already possess a baccalaureate degree in a different field. (This path offers admission in the Summer only).
- Graduates of the School of Nursing are employed in clinical settings such as doctor’s offices, hospitals, and also outpatient facilities in numerous specialty areas such as emergency care, neonatal, pediatrics, geriatrics, as well as physical therapy. Nurses also find success in administrative positions in health care; educational settings as teachers and also school district or even university health care providers; non-public nursing and at-home health services; government and nonprofit organizations; the military; and also international aid agencies.
- The training program is licensed by the State of New York and also certified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
About the school
- LIU Brooklyn is a non-public institution of higher education situated in Brooklyn, New York City, United States Of America. It is the original unit and also first of two primary campuses of the private Long Island University
- Founded in the year 1926, Long Island University’s objective is “to open the doors of the city as well as the world to men and women of all ethnic and also socioeconomic backgrounds, who want to achieve the satisfaction of the educated life as well as serve the public good and to awaken, enlighten and also expand the minds of its pupils.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $20,360
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- High school students must have an 85 high school average over four years of work or 1000 on the SAT.
- Transfer students must have a 3.0 cumulative grade-point average for all work done at other colleges and a 3.0 cumulative science average.
- Transfer students with fewer than 24 college credits must meet both transfer and freshman requirements.
- Upon acceptance to the nursing major, freshman (and transfer students whose English and mathematics courses have not been accepted by the University) are required to take a placement exam to assess skills in reading, English and mathematics. Exam results are used to program the student’s first courses in the appropriate English and mathematics courses.
- Progression into the professional phase of the program requires that students maintain a minimum grade-point average of 3.0 and earn no less than C in any science course, in addition to satisfying all prerequisite courses and passing the TEAS-V exam with the required minimum scores.
- “Biology courses must have been completed within 5 years of progressing to the professional phase.”
Address: 1 University Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Phone: +1 718-488-1000
Submit your review