Open to both men and women, this two-year Associate Degree program is designed to train highly skilled generalist nurses. The Nursing program accepts one class per year beginning fall term. Qualified applicants who have met the minimum admission standards are selected through a point system.
The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum leads to an Associate of Applied Science degree. Graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurse licensing (NCLEX-RN). The coursework completed for the ADN may be transferable to Linfield College, OHSU, and other RN-to-BSN or RN-to-MS programs. The Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) has approved the LBCC Associate Degree program as meeting all requirements to provide pre-licensure nursing education.
About The School
Linn–Benton Community College (LBCC) is a two-year junior college, located in Linn County, Oregon. The school offers more than 80 degrees and certificates. LBCC was established in 1966 with the purpose of supporting the citizens of Linn and Benton counties.
In the 1960s a community college was a conceptual idea; however, it wasn’t until 1964 that a study was conducted to assess the need of such an institution. The results of this study showed that post-high school opportunities, educationally, were non-existent and that many graduating high school students were interested in a local community college.
Total estimated program cost is USD $13,300-14,500
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- The first step is to complete an admission application.
- In order for us to give you credit towards courses you have previously taken at another college, we need to have your official transcripts sent to the Admissions office.
- All new students will be required to come to our New Student Center. At the NSC, you can expect to Take placement testing
- All program applicants must be certified nurse assistants in the state of Oregon.
- BI 231 Human Anatomy & Physiology
RELATED INSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS
- Computation- Must be completed prior to admission to the program.
- MTH 095 Intermediate Algebra
- Communication- Must be completed prior to admission to the program.
- WR 121 English Composition
- Human Relations- PSY 215, taken winter term
Linn-Benton Community College
Address: 6500 Pacific Blvd SW, Albany, OR 97321
Submit your review
Leave a Reply