The Associate of Applied Science Practical Nursing Program (PN) is a 16-months, 60-semester credit program of study. The program aims to train nurses who will deliver patient care as Licensed Practical Nurses in structured health care environments. Students receive classroom and clinical training in long-term care, acute care, medical offices, clinics, and a variety of community environments. Additionally, PN students receive training and skill in intravenous therapy and management.
The Practical Nursing program was established in 2003 and has the approval of the Idaho Board of Nursing. It is the first and only in the state of Idaho where students graduate with an Associate of Applied Science degree (A.A.S.).
About the school
Lewis–Clark State College is a public undergraduate college founded in 1893 in Lewiston, Idaho, northwest United States. It has an annual enrollment of approximately 3,500 students. The college offers well over 83 degrees and is well known for its education, criminal justice, technical programs, and nursing. More than 3,500 students from over 20 different countries and 30 different states are enrolled at LCSC.
Lewis-Clark Normal School acquired the status of a state college in 1966 and changed to its current name in 1971. The institution was ranked as one of the apex public colleges in the West among the Comprehensive-Bachelor’s Degree categories and No. 1 in 2002, 2005, & 2007 by U.S. News & World Report annual rankings of colleges and universities.
Total program cost for Idaho residents is $15,162 and $26,662 for non-residents
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
PRE-APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS PRACTICAL NURSING
The following information is a list of requirements and steps you’ll need to take before you apply to our PN program. You can click on each link for more details.
- Be currently enrolled as a student at LCSC. Not enrolled? Apply Now!
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (based on a 4.0 scale). Calculate your GPA
- Cumulative GPA is based on completed coursework from all colleges and universities attended.
- Complete Pre-Requisite Courses with “C” grade or better in each course
- Combined GPA of 2.5 or higher in: ENGL 101, Core Math, BIOL 252 & CHEM 105
- Note: beginning with applications accepted Fall 2017, the min. GPA will increase to 2.75
- Complete the HESI A2 Admission Assessment Exam, Minimum score of 70% required
- LCSC Testing Center: September 30th deadline
- Distance Site (ProMetric): September 1st deadline
- Be Certified as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) or LCSC Equivalency
- Assess equivalency of transfer courses
- Students with English as a second language must meet miminum English requirements
Lewis-Clark State College
500 8th Avenue
Lewiston, ID 83501
Toll Free: (800) 933-5272
Local: (208) 792-5272
Submit your review