The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum at Lenoir Community College provides knowledge, skills, and techniques to combine safety and quality into nursing care, to practice in an evolving surrounding, and to satisfy personal needs which impact healthiness, good quality of life, and also achievement of potential.
Course work includes and also builds upon the domains of health-care, nursing practice, along with the holistic person. Content emphasizes the nurse as an associate of the interdisciplinary team providing secure, individualized care while making use of evidence-based practice, high-quality improvement, and also informatics. Graduates of this training program meet the criteria to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN).
About The School
Lenoir Community College is a community college in Lenoir County, North Carolina, United States offering degree programs and also continuing education. Lenoir Community College primary campus is situated in the city of Kinston in Lenoir County.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,025
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
BEFORE applying to the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) program, an applicant must satisfy the math and science prerequisites. Students must also complete any needed developmental Reading or English courses before applying to the ADN program.
An applicant must have completed one of the following before receiving the ADN application packet:
- Qualifying placement scores within the last 5 years or
- MAT 080 with a grade of “C” or higher within last 5 years or
- DMA 010-080 with a grade of “P” within the last 5 years or
- MAT 122, MAT 141, MAT 151, MAT 161, MAT 171, MAT 263 course or an approved college algebra math with a grade of “C” or higher
An applicant must have completed the following before receiving the ADN application packet:
- Biology 168 with a “C” or higher within 5 years of admissions and BIO 169. If BIO 169 has not been completed with a “C” or higher within 5 years of admissions, proof of enrollment at an approved college/university is required. The equivalent(s) to BIO 168 and 169 must be approved by the Registrar’s Office and the Dean of Health Sciences and Nursing.
Lenoir Community College
Address: 231 North Carolina Hwy 58, Kinston, NC 28504, USA
Submit your review
Leave a Reply