The Associate Degree Nursing program consists of five (5) consecutive semesters. Students are expected to earn a “C” or better in classroom and “Satisfactory” in clinical to qualify to progress to another nursing program. Students not satisfying these requirements will fail to progress to the next nursing course. However, based on the availability of space and GPA, the student may be considered for readmission to repeat the failed course. Readmission is allowed only once during the entire nursing program.
Application into Lawson State’s prestigious nursing program is competitive. Although we recommend that all students apply to our program, there is no guarantee of admission for all students meeting minimum requirements or seeking readmission are not guaranteed admission.
About the school
Lawson State Community College is a public two-year college with two campuses in Birmingham and Bessemer, which is a city outside Birmingham. It is known as LSCC; Lawson State mainly serves the people of Jefferson County in Alabama.
The College has four educational divisions: Health Professions, Business Technologies, Career Technical, and Liberal Arts and Sciences. LSCC also offers adult education courses, CDL training, and workforce development.
Tuition fee is between USD $10,680 to $14,130 or more
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Unconditional admission to the college.
- Receipt of completed application for the Associate Degree Nursing Program by [date].
- A minimum of 2.50 cumulative GPA for students with previous college work.
- A minimum of 2.50 high school GPA for students without prior college work (GED acceptable in lieu of high school transcript).
- Eligibility for:
- English 101 and Math 116 as determined by college policy, and
- BIO 201 during the first term of nursing courses. (As a prerequisite to BIO 201, student must successfully complete BIO 103 or achieve a passing score on the ACS approved placement exam.)
- Good standing with the college.
- Meeting the essential functions or technical standards required for nursing.
- A score of 76 or higher on the COMPASS Reading Examination (or related ACT Reading Score of 17 or higher).
Admission to the Associate Degree Nursing Program is competitive, and the number of students is limited by the number of faculty and clinical facilities available. Meeting minimal requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
3060 Wilson Road, SW
Birmingham, AL 35221
Submit your review
Leave a Reply