This four-semester program is part of the statewide Revolutionizing Nursing Education in Wyoming (ReNEW) nursing curriculum which is structured as a baccalaureate curriculum with a benchmark for an ADN to enable students to take the NCLEX-RN (licensure exam) at the end of the fourth semester. It allows students to finish an Associate Degree in Nursing, acquire RN licensure gain employment, and then to advance seamlessly into the University of Wyoming to complete a bachelor’s degree.
Upon program completion, the graduate receives an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) and is qualified to take the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX-PN) and achieve licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
This program is endorsed by the Wyoming State Board of Nursing with the full accreditation of the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
About the school
Laramie County Community College (LCCC) is a full-service public college founded in 1968 and located in Laramie County, with campuses in Laramie and Cheyenne with outreach centers in Pine Bluffs and F.E. Warren Air Force Base.
The college offers about 80 associate degrees and nearly 30 certificates courses, as well as a variety of non-credit classes. The college entered articulation agreements with over 20 universities such as the University of Wyoming in Laramie, to ensure that most class credits will seamlessly transfer. LCCC also offers online as well as teleconference courses.
LCCC offers non-credit courses in addition to college credit courses via the Workforce & Community Development division, which is intended to build a stronger community and workforce through outreach, professional, partnerships and workforce training, facility rentals, academic refreshers, career services and life enrichment classes.
Total estimated program cost for in-state residents is about $27,000, out-of-state residents $35,500.
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
To be considered for admission into the program, students must complete Steps 1-5 above.
Admission is based on a point system of completed prerequisite coursework.
- Each prerequisite course must be completed with a grade of C or higher.
- Science prerequisite GPA: A 2.5 GPA minimum is required for all science course prerequisites to obtain points. 0.75 points will be awarded for every 0.05 points over the minimum 2.5 GPA requirement. (22.5 points maximum)
- General studies prerequisite GPA: A 2.5 GPA minimum required for all general studies prerequisites to obtain points. 0.5 points will be awarded for every 0.05 points over the minimum 2.5 GPA requirement. (15 points maximum)
- For courses that have been retaken, the most recent grade will be used.
- One point will be awarded for each of the following general studies prerequisite courses completed with a grade of C or higher prior to the application: English 1: Composition, College Algebra, Sociological Principles, General Psychology, and Public Speaking. (five points maximum)
- Two points will be awarded for each of the following science prerequisite courses completed with a grade of C or higher prior to the application: Anatomy, Physiology, and Medical Microbiology. A minimum of two science courses must be completed prior to application deadline. (six points maximum)
- If an applicant has repeated more than two prerequisite courses, one point will be deducted from the total points for each repeated course.
- If two applicants are equally qualified, the overall prerequisite GPA will be the determining factor in the selection process. In the event that there is still a tie, the science GPA will be the determining factor. If there is still a tie, preference will be given to the Wyoming resident, and finally, previous work experience in the dental field.
LCCC doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.
Laramie County Community College
1400 E. College Drive Cheyenne, Wyoming 82007
307.778.LCCC | 800.522.2993
Submit your review