The Lane Community College Associate of Applied Science in Nursing Training program readies pupils to take the NCLEX-RN licensure examination to become Registered Nurses (RN).
This course of study requires roughly three years of regular study and also meet the requirements for graduates to participate in the 4th year of study through web-based lecture & theory and local clinical experiences to earn the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from Oregon Health Sciences University or perhaps, if the graduate prefers, any one of many other Registered Nurse to BSN programs available nationwide.
About The School
Lane Community College is a two (2) year college situated in Eugene, Oregon, United States Of America, on a 314-acre campus in Southeast Eugene, with more facilities in downtown Eugene, Cottage Grove, Florence, and also the Lane Aviation Academy at Eugene Airport.
Total estimated program cost is USD $18,145
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Email Account- It is your responsibility to set your “spam filter” system to accept email addresses containing @lanecc.edu. It is also NOT recommended to have a Hotmail account as we have found notifications are not being received by students with these accounts.
- Admission to Lane as a credit student. If you are not currently a credit Lane student, complete Lane’s college admission process and obtain a student “L” number. Make sure to complete all “Steps to Enroll in Credit Classes” including testing if needed.
- Attend a “Preparing to Apply” nursing workshop;
SECTION 1: – Required Courses: Required Prerequisite Courses, minimum 30 credits of qualified Section 1 courses are required to apply. All courses must have a letter grade C or higher (C- or lower not accepted); the only exception is MTH
- Courses may be repeated, and the most recent grade will be used. Courses from non-accredited colleges will not be considered in the evaluation of your application, nor can they be considered toward any degree requirements. Email
[email protected] if you are not sure. Please provide name of institution and state (e.g., Pioneer Pacific does not meet Northwest Commission of Colleges and Universities accreditation criteria.)
Item 1 – Anatomy & Physiology I, II, and III: BI 231 is required to apply.
If all three AP courses are more than 7 years old – BI 233 needs to be repeated in order to be current and completed Fall 2010 or later.
Item 2 – Math Proficiency: Choice of MTH 095 or higher (MTH 098 Fall 2016 or prior only) course with letter grade or you can submit qualified documentation of math proficiency from the below options, these will meet application requirements but do not count towards minimum 30 credits required to apply. Starting Fall 2018 MTH 098 Winter 2017 or later will not be accepted. The new requirement will be MTH 095 or MTH 100 level or higher.
- MTH 095 or higher (MTH 098 Fall 2016 or prior) with Pass Grade
- Lane Credit by Exam for MTH 095 or higher (MTH 098 not accepted)
- AP (Calculus), or CLEP (College Algebra, or any Calculus or Statis
- IB (Mathematics, or Math Studies, or Further Mathematics or Statistics)
Item 3 – English Composition: WR 121 and WR 122. Applicants with a prior Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. regionally accredited institution may waive this requirement, but will need to use additional approved electives that meet the Section 2 requirements to meet the 30 credit minimum to apply. IB ENG A Score of 5 or more Standard Level Equivalency = WR 121 can use one Approved Elective course for Item 3 WR 121. IB ENG A Score of 5 or more High Level Equivalency can use two Approved Elective courses for Item 3 WR 121 and WR 122.
Item 4 – Nutrition: Option of FN 225 Nutrition or FN 240 Nutrition and Metabolism
Item 5 – Human Development: PSY 215 Lifespan Development.
- Oregon Resident. You must be a current resident of Oregon to apply. Verify that your current Oregon address is in myLane (Homepage, Personal Information channel)
- Submit Non-Lane Official Transcripts to Enrollment Services. All courses used as prerequisites must be recorded on your official transcript and recorded as received in myLane by Lane Enrollment Services prior to the application close date.
- Request Course Equivalency Evaluation (if needed). It is your responsibility to initiate the process for non-Lane courses early and makesure equivalencies/substitutions have been established prior to the application deadline. Course must be listed on the Course Equivalency Transfer Tool: Lane Instructions for Transferring Credits . If your course is listed, no further action is required. If not, please refer to section 4:
Anatomy & Physiology Series:
- BI 231 with either BI 232 or BI 233 is worth 3 points.
- All three, BI 231, 232, and 233 completed is worth 5 points.
- “Section 1 & 2 Total Credits”, if it is 36- 44 credits it is worth 3 points.
- “Section 1 & 2 Total Credits”, if it is 45-47 credits it is worth 5 points.
Prior Degree: Associate level degree or higher is worth 1 point.
- College and degree information must be listed on Point Petition Sheet
- Official Transcript showing degree awarded must be submitted to Enrollment Services
- Degree must be from a regionally accredited institution
- Complete the Conditions of Application Checklist, Form 1 of the Forms Packet.
- Complete the Point Petition Sheet, Form 2 of the Forms Packet. Only courses that are listed as complete on an official transcript may be used for points. Extra points will NOT be awarded if you do not complete the Point Petition Sheet.
- Make a Personal Copy of Application Documents for your files. Your documents will not be returned to you.
Lane Community College
Address: 4000 E 30th Ave, Eugene, OR 97405
Submit your review
Leave a Reply