The Associate Degree Nurse Training program at Lake Region State College welcomes applications from Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN). The procedure varies relatively for person presently enlisted in the Practical Nurse Training program and also external applicants. The Admission Committee reviews all finished applications; unfinished applications are not evaluated. Candidates will be informed in writing of their acceptance status.
The Associate Degree Nurse (ADN) curriculum will provide the expertise, knowledge and also competencies you need to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN). Classroom instruction and also clinical practice includes adult health nursing, maternal child nursing, community health and psychosocial nursing. Pupils will then be ready to deliver safe nursing care to persons and also families across their lifespan in many different functions.
North Dakota demands nurses to pass a licensing examination after completing a state-approved nursing training program. Graduates of the Associate Degree Nurse training program are required to pass the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) before they may practice as Registered Nurses (RN). The Dakota Nursing Training program is a 1 + 1, Practical Nurse to Associate Degree Nurse Training program. The Training program is offered via a consortium of 4 colleges in North Dakota. The affiliate schools are Bismarck State College (BSC), Dakota College at Bottineau (DCB), Lake Region State College (LRSC), and also Williston State College (WSC).
About The School
Lake Region State College is a two (2) year public college in Devils Lake, North Dakota, United States of America. It was established in 1941 as an extension of the public school system and very first referred to as Devils Lake Junior College and Business School.
Total estimated program cost is USD $11,839
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Applicant is:
- A graduate from a state board approved PN program from an accredited college and current LPN with an active, unencumbered license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the United States of America.OR
- A graduate from a state board approved paramedic program and a current paramedic, of at least two years’ experience, with an active, unencumbered, license to practice as a paramedic in the United States of America AND have completed the LRSC Paramedic to Nurse Bridge Program.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 in all prerequisite courses (including prior practical nursing classes) and an overall minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Admission to the college of choice as well as completion of a formal application to the Dakota Associate Degree Nursing Program. Admission to the College does not guarantee admission to the ADN program. Application forms for admission to the Dakota ADN Program may be obtained on the Dakota Nursing Program website at www.dakotanursing.org beginning December 1st with application due on or before March 5th.
- Pass a preadmission examination (ATI Comprehensive PN Predictor). Applicants will be allowed two (2) attempts of passing the NCLEX-PN Predictor per application process.
- Currently enrolled (if competitive) or satisfactory completion with a “C” or better in each of the following courses:
All required nursing courses from an approved Practical Nursing Program
ENGL 110 Composition I
PSYC 111 Introduction to Psychology
BIOL 220 Anatomy and Physiology I with lab
BIOL 221 Anatomy and Physiology II with lab
PHRM 215 Introduction to Pharmacology (must have been completed within 7 years of ADN admission).
PSYC 250 Developmental Psychology
- Proof of Math Skill Readiness
- Student must have completed at minimum:
- The developmental math course (ASC 093 or other prerequisite math course that would qualify a student to take Math 103) with a grade of Satisfactory or “C” or a higher level math course (such as MATH 103 College Algebra) or
- Equivalent scores for ACT/PLAN /SAT/COMPAS
Lake Region State College
Address: 1801 College Dr N, Devils Lake, ND 58301
Submit your review
Leave a Reply