The A.D. Nursing Training program at Lakes Region Community College offers the opportunity to earn an Associate of Science (AS) Degree in Nursing, in preparation for the licensing examination (NCLEX-RN) to become a Registered Nurse (RN).
This Nursing training program has the complete authorization of the New Hampshire Board of Nursing. This nursing education training program is a candidate for licensing by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
About The School
Lakes Region Community College (LRCC) is a community college located in Laconia, New Hampshire, United States Of America. It is a part of the seven (7) member Community College System of New Hampshire. In the center of New Hampshire’s Lakes Region, the college was founded as Laconia College in 1967.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,730
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
This program follows the NH Board of Nursing standards for student to faculty ratio (8:1). Selection is determined by a cumulative point system that is based on high school level prerequisite courses grades (high school or college algebra; chemistry with lab; biology with lab) and, college courses and the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) score. Transfer credits will depend on course content, applicability to the nursing program, grade earned and length of time since completion.
Due to the highly competitive nature of the Nursing program at LRCC, students interested in preparing for admission to the program are encouraged to schedule an appointment with Admissions.
- Submit a completed college application for admission. Applications completed prior to December 15 will be considered for an early action notification. If an applicant is not admitted through the early action process their application will be reconsidered with the regular decision applications after the February 1 application deadline. Applications completed after February 1 may only be considered on a space available basis if the program is not at capacity. Applications are considered complete only when all required documentation is received by the LRCC Admissions Office prior to the above deadlines.
- Submit official high school transcript and any college/university transcripts (as applicable)
- Successfully complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) with the following minimum score in each section. Reading – 73.8%, Math – 70%, Science – 52.1% and English – 63.3%. Applicants are permitted to take this test 3 times in a calendar year; no sooner than six weeks between attempts. Test scores are valid for a period of two years.
- Submit a 300-500 word essay.
- Document successful completion of high school or college algebra, chemistry and biology with lab classes. These classes, including all general education courses, must be completed with a minimum grade of “C” of higher.
LPN to ADN Pathway Students:
A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) may apply to the Lakes Region Community College Nursing Program to earn an Associate’s degree in Nursing. It is recommended that prior to applying to the Nursing Program, an LPN should to meet with the Chair of the Nursing department. To apply to the Nursing Program, the LPN applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Meet all course pre-requisites for the RN program.
- Meet all the co-requisite requirements for the first semester of the nursing program.
- Hold an unencumbered New Hampshire LPN license
- Complete and pass the NACE 1 entrance exam with a score of 74%
- Meet all admission criteria by December 15 for admission in to the spring semester.
Lakes Region Community College
Address: 379 Belmont Road Laconia, NH 03246
Phone: (603) 524-3207
Submit your review
Leave a Reply